Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 More Patches For AMDGPU's DC Display Stack

Phoronix: 77 More Patches For AMDGPU's DC Display Stack

Seventy-seven new patches were posted today for the AMDGPU DC (formerly DAL) display code that reworks around six thousand lines of this massive codebase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This display code reminds me HMM and it's dozens of patches reviews

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      This display code reminds me HMM and it's dozens of patches reviews
      this code had only one review

Comment

Does it mean AMD already consider this code ready for review, or there is still work to be done before that?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Does it mean AMD already consider this code ready for review, or there is still work to be done before that?
          Well, they haven't submitted it for review yet so I'd say the implication is that they don't think it's ready.

Comment

All these regular patches make me happy to see that DC is getting a lot of attention and love atm.

Comment

its way to big to be in the kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                How so ? It's not that much larger than the current display code and brings a lot of new features.

Unfortunately the cost of feature-rich hardware is complex drivers.

BTW last time I ran cloc on the display code the result was ~90K lines of code plus ~35K lines of comments & whitespace, so not really "well over a hundred thousand lines of code" unless you include those.
                Last edited by bridgman; 01 September 2017, 08:16 AM.
                Test signature

Comment

can not see any changes in TODO file, so it seems not to to final version, yet. more patches are needed

AMDGPU DC Display Code Gets A Public TODO List Written by Michael Larabel in Radeon on 14 August 2017
                  https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...U-DC-TODO-List
                  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...st/012054.html

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    Yeah, we should have only serial dongle drivers in the kernel, fuck GPUs and their complex drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X