Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Display Code Gets A Public TODO List

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Display Code Gets A Public TODO List

For those anxious to see AMDGPU's DC / DAL / display code mainlined either for the Radeon RX Vega support, FreeSync capabilities, HDMI/DP audio, or other display features, there is now a public TODO list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good!

Comment

For those that want a more pleasing layout: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/171708/

Comment

A bunch of those todos are not a blocker for merging either.

Comment

omg thank you bridgman!!!!

Comment

I can't take credit for this - it was already happening by the time I asked about it
            Last edited by bridgman; 14 August 2017, 04:23 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

The good lunch day performance plus a time frame to merge display code to mainline Linux makes Vega really attractive to me.

Comment

I'm pretty sure 1 is done https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...aging-drm-next

Again I'm not sure there are any blockers that would prevent this going into 4.14, most of the patches are reviewed and have been tested in the other branches for a while now. Linus takes issue at crap landing last minute - not well tested code. I guess it depends on what Alex and Dave decide.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  I'm pretty sure 1 is done https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...aging-drm-next

Again I'm not sure there are any blockers that would prevent this going into 4.14, most of the patches are reviewed and have been tested in the other branches for a while now. Linus takes issue at crap landing last minute - not well tested code. I guess it depends on what Alex and Dave decide.
                  Once AMD finished off their TODO list, they still have to resubmit and gather feedback again. I don't think you can just assume smooth sailing into the kernel from there, they'll have to go through a review process and possibly more changes before Dave agrees that it's ready.

But this is still great news, it's been a long road to get here and it looks like things are moving forward.

Comment

If things go well and most of these improvements land in 4.15 linux will finally be in a place where we'll read "linux kernel 4.15+ with AMD rx470+" in requirements on steam

Comment

Working...
                    X