No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

Phoronix: AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

For those wanting to use AMDGPU-PRO to power your RX Vega setup even though the performance is slower than RadeonSI OpenGL, the launch-day driver is now public...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome! Now I can upgrade my X server
    But does this still support Linux 4.9?

Comment

I'd be thrilled to use it, but I'm not trashing a Debian system which is my production system just to get a working OpenCL.

Comment

Sounds good!

Sorry for repeating this same question, but how is AMD graphics cards support on Linux lately? There are high chances I am getting a Dell Precision M7510 with FirePro W5170M card. Are GCN 1.0 cards working well now? I did a google search and from some news it looks like a lot of GCN 1.0 cards got somewhat supported by AMDGPU, but there is no info about W5170M ( which if I am not mistaken is based on Radeon R9 M370X). Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Awesome! Now I can upgrade my X server
          But does this still support Linux 4.9?
          No, it's specially coded to only support 4.8 and 4.10 and leave a gap in between, just to mess with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            I'd be thrilled to use it, but I'm not trashing a Debian system which is my production system just to get a working OpenCL.
            I seem to remember that the PRO driver allows installing the compute part only with --compute or some similar argument for the installation script.
            Wouldn't that work? Or would it still require you to install a newer kernel version?

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post
              I seem to remember that the PRO driver allows installing the compute part only with --compute or some similar argument for the installation script.
              Wouldn't that work? Or would it still require you to install a newer kernel version?
              On Gentoo you can accomplish this easily by installing https://packages.gentoo.org/packages...gpu-pro-opencl. This way I am able to run OpenCL on my custom built kernel (4.11.x + 4.12.x).

Comment

Does it fixes Ethereum DAG Epoch issue in Linux?

Comment

Working...
                X