No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

Phoronix: AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 Released With Vega Support, Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Compatibility

For those wanting to use AMDGPU-PRO to power your RX Vega setup even though the performance is slower than RadeonSI OpenGL, the launch-day driver is now public...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...PRO-17.30-Vega

Awesome! Now I can upgrade my X server
    But does this still support Linux 4.9?

Comment

I'd be thrilled to use it, but I'm not trashing a Debian system which is my production system just to get a working OpenCL.

Comment

Sounds good!

Sorry for repeating this same question, but how is AMD graphics cards support on Linux lately? There are high chances I am getting a Dell Precision M7510 with FirePro W5170M card. Are GCN 1.0 cards working well now? I did a google search and from some news it looks like a lot of GCN 1.0 cards got somewhat supported by AMDGPU, but there is no info about W5170M ( which if I am not mistaken is based on Radeon R9 M370X). Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Awesome! Now I can upgrade my X server
          But does this still support Linux 4.9?
          No, it's specially coded to only support 4.8 and 4.10 and leave a gap in between, just to mess with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            I'd be thrilled to use it, but I'm not trashing a Debian system which is my production system just to get a working OpenCL.
            I seem to remember that the PRO driver allows installing the compute part only with --compute or some similar argument for the installation script.
            Wouldn't that work? Or would it still require you to install a newer kernel version?

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post
              I seem to remember that the PRO driver allows installing the compute part only with --compute or some similar argument for the installation script.
              Wouldn't that work? Or would it still require you to install a newer kernel version?
              On Gentoo you can accomplish this easily by installing https://packages.gentoo.org/packages...gpu-pro-opencl. This way I am able to run OpenCL on my custom built kernel (4.11.x + 4.12.x).

Comment

Does it fixes Ethereum DAG Epoch issue in Linux?

Comment

Working...
                X