No announcement yet.

AMDGPU DC Display Code Updated In amd-staging-drm-next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that localmodconfig method is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Thanks, that localmodconfig method is pretty neat.
      Remember that any module not loaded won't be included, so be sure to load EVERYTHING before doing that (loop device, usb keys, bluetooth devices, etc...).
      That's the point of the DB, but even then I'd worry about buying something, plugging it in and not getting it to work, while forgetting about the missing module thingy.

I'd rather build a standard kernel with ccache instead

Comment

@bridgman

Would you be able to provide some metrics? How long would be the Linux-only code if it were sent as patch/pull request for a review/merge to vanilla/upstream/Linus tree?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Would you be able to provide some metrics? How long would be the Linux-only code if it were sent as patch/pull request for a review/merge to vanilla/upstream/Linus tree?
          It's hard to say for sure until the next patch set is actually prepared, but I wouldn't expect it to be a lot smaller. In most cases the functions being redirected to common drm code are pretty simple.

It's more about avoiding duplication (or, from our perspective, adding duplication ) than actually reducing code size.
          Test signature

Comment

I can not see any changes in TODO file, so it seems not to to final version, yet
            AMDGPU DC Display Code Gets A Public TODO List Written by Michael Larabel in Radeon on 14 August 2017
            Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
            X