No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Radeon Gaming Performance With Linux 4.13 + Mesa 17.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duby229 ok, so I ended up using htop. I can tell, when it's sorted by thread IDs (the default), there's no new IDs appearing, i.e. it doesn't create new threads. I checked both CSMT and non-CSMT.

I think you've probably misinterpreted some game making a bunch of threads as a problem in Wine

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post
      the opensource drivers are based on the mesa3d library, that doesn't run on windows
      And this problem is not solved ? Maybe bridgman will clarify the situation ?
      And then what will happen with the future of the Vulkan open source ? He, too, is different on Windows and Linux ?
      And work on Linux would be better as it is now OpenGL works better on Linux than on Windows ? Unfair..

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post

That exactly!

Here in Germany most AMD GPUs are not to be found online or with prices above all good.
        An 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse could be found for 250 EUR in May, but would now cost about 399 EUR (if not sold out). *sigh*
        Here in Greece, the cheapest RX 570 costs 275€ and RX 580 costs 322€ while the RX 560s comes in the price the RX 570 had at launch grrr!
        Last edited by Apopas; 03 August 2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          It's all quite exciting however I want to see multiple screenshots of the tested games as PNG files and then I will believe my eyes
          how your eyes will know how drivers correspond to screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
            Unless you are trying to run a D3D10 or D3D11 game, because sadly gallium-eleven is no more
            does wine run d3d11 games?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              does wine run d3d11 games?
              It does, they even made a post ½ year ago, just before wine-2.0-stable was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post

Unless you are trying to run a D3D10 or D3D11 game, because sadly gallium-eleven is no more
                Well, D3D10 and D3D11 are not fully implemented yet in WINE, not even D3D9 is..., from what I've saw gallium-nine used quite a bit of code from WINE D3D9 implementation, I could be wrong tho..., so they can't do D3D10+ properly untill WINE developers figure out and implement it to the functional level.

Comment

Where do I find and download these insanely old tests that are used in this article? Like Gputest 0.7.0 instead of the current 1.3.1, or Xonotic 0.8.2 instead of the current 1.5.0 ! And why would you use old tests like these instead of current ones, haven't any fixes to these tests been made in the last 3 years of development?

Comment

Originally posted by Huggabearskij View Post
                    Where do I find and download these insanely old tests that are used in this article? Like Gputest 0.7.0 instead of the current 1.3.1, or Xonotic 0.8.2 instead of the current 1.5.0 ! And why would you use old tests like these instead of current ones, haven't any fixes to these tests been made in the last 3 years of development?
                    You may want to check your numbers... GpuTest 0.7 is the latest... Xonotic 0.8.2 is the latest...
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

You may want to check your numbers... GpuTest 0.7 is the latest... Xonotic 0.8.2 is the latest...
                      Yeah, maybe it doesn't show the version you use then, because when I do phoronix-test-suite list-recommended-tests I get this:

Code:
                      pts/xonotic-1.5.0                - Xonotic                            
                      pts/etlegacy-1.0.0               - ET: Legacy                         
                      pts/openarena-1.5.3              - OpenArena                          
                      pts/gputest-1.3.1                - GpuTest                            
                      pts/bioshock-infinite-1.0.1      - BioShock Infinite                  
                      pts/askap-1.0.0                  - ASKAP tConvolveCuda                
                      pts/apitest-1.1.0                - APITest
                      And a phoronix-test-suite install pts/gputest-0.7.0 doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X