X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium

right now a AMD-RX-VEGA-64 will make ~50$ profit a month. if you have your own power plant(Solar/Wind) even more.
    How do you know how fast the card is? Is that based on the Frontier edition?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

are you open for a upgrade from the AMD RX-Vega-56 to the full version Vega64(4096 shader) if you get the money for the upgrade?
    Still trying to find out from AMD clearly if I will be receiving any review sample or not, but do hope to get a 64 but regardless any tips are appreciated and if receiving anything from you will be sure to get a 64 if AMD does not send one out.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    I wonder how many of the readers do have same cpu and motherboard. More real would test would be used under 100 usd mobo and under 150 usd cpu.
    And when I do those tests unless it's explicitly for a low/budget CPU comparison, readers complain "but the CPU is the bottleneck!", etc

Leave a comment:

• blackshard
    replied
    yes very impressive....

and sad that this zombie driver amdgpu-pro still do have relevance for some people.
    we just need a open source implementation of the "OpenGL Compatibility Profile" stuff and then we can shut down amdgpu-pro forever even for the workstation.
    Workstation things are a bit more delicate than games. AMD must provide always the same rendering output between drivers with the same input, so there are some restrictions which can be relaxed in open drivers which are "not guaranteed" to work the same way with each release.

Leave a comment:

• scorp
    replied
    I am pretty sure, that Michael will update the tests with NVIDIA soon, but so far, OMG, compare this results to the last NVIDIA runs! At least by performance AMD is absolutely competitive now and even wins in some tests clearly. If they finally get audio through HDMI running, we have a clear winner for Linux desktop systems hands down. Buy a card plug it into your PC, turn on and play. A dream comes true! Thank you guys for all your effort, you did a great job.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    These 375 MB drivers without GUI seems broken

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    The Superposition results were interesting. Haven't previous tests always placed radeonsi behind the pro driver in that benchmark?

I wonder if it's due to the new 4.13 kernel?
    or LLVM 5.0.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    The Superposition results were interesting. Haven't previous tests always placed radeonsi behind the pro driver in that benchmark?

I wonder if it's due to the new 4.13 kernel?

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post

It would be nice to see a comparison. Maybe RadeonSI isn't very fast after all but AMGPU-PRO is very slow.
    Previous tests have indicated that RadeonSI is very competitive with the NVidia driver now. Sometimes slower, sometimes even faster depending on the game, at least on these higher-end cards. I don't think Michael has done many tests with cheaper hardware. AMDGPU-Pro is definitely slow though.

Leave a comment:

• OneBitUser
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

OpenGL 4.6
    There is a typo: OpenGL4.6 >> Vulkan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X