Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM_Sensors For ATI Graphics Cards

Phoronix: LM_Sensors For ATI Graphics Cards

Back in February, AMD's John Bridgman had expressed hope in providing LM_Sensors support for monitoring the GPU temperature and fan speed on ATI graphics cards. He was hoping to get the needed documentation to the LM_Sensors project in March, but that hadn't happened and currently AMD's focus is on open-source R600/700 series 3D support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's quite funny...been reading Linuxhatersblog alot the past months and LH sure brings up some sore spots in linux. But we got one thing Windows or any other OS will probably never get and that is these small random events that keep things interresting. OK the ATI driver aint all that and audio might be foobard and all the other details when put togehter suck a big fat sweaty guys behind. But still things go forward all the time, and just because stuff aint good right now doesnt mean they never will be.

Just had to get that of my chest

Comment

yes exactly, when I read these type of threads I ask my self if it's year 1940.
      Of course one thing is for sure: AMD/ATI should be nominated best company to keep linux gossip alive. If it wasn't for AMD, only Paris Hilton would have this honour.

Comment

Great parts of the current Linux hardware work is just to catch up where Windows is right now, but we will be getting there and I imagine that Linux could take the lead in driving innovations in hardware support.

Comment

stop dreaming and look at reality

1 step made from linux = 20 steps windows.

Comment

Thats still one step. Please remember that the majority of users are on windows.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
              Of course one thing is for sure: AMD/ATI should be nominated best company to keep linux gossip alive. If it wasn't for AMD, only Paris Hilton would have this honour.
              WTF's Paris Hilton doing with Linux!?

Comment

she is using it

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
                  WTF's Paris Hilton doing with Linux!?
                  it meant that like Paris Hilton is the queen of gossip in general, AMD is the gossip King of linux

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                    it meant that like Paris Hilton is the queen of gossip in general, AMD is the gossip King of linux
                    yep, but at AMD they do not such things, that Paris does instead!

Comment

Working...
                    X