Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 Fresh Patches For AMDGPU's DC (DAL) Display Code

Phoronix: 81 Fresh Patches For AMDGPU's DC (DAL) Display Code

AMD has published another set of DC/DAL display patches today, this time amounting to 81 patches touching around four thousand lines of code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will these patches be mainlined into the next kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
      Will these patches be mainlined into the next kernel?
      That's what remains to be seen.

Comment

Once Vega is released I hope for mainline support too! So far I think I will stick to Polaris until the DC situation is clarified.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
          That's what remains to be seen.
          Were there any comments from kernel maintainers about previous sets of patches, and what still prevents them from upstreaming? I mean recent ones, not the earliest attempt which was rejected.

Comment

I find pointing out "bug fixes" to be funny, seeing as pretty much nobody has access to the hardware to experience the bugs in the first place (unless these bugs are why the code has been rejected). It's kind of like selling a used car to someone saying "the tires have been replaced twice" as though the owner will be affected by the first tire change.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I find pointing out "bug fixes" to be funny, seeing as pretty much nobody has access to the hardware to experience the bugs in the first place
              Yeah, much better a single commit whose only description is "AMD code drop for Torvalds".

Comment

I'll just leave this right here:

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  I find pointing out "bug fixes" to be funny, seeing as pretty much nobody has access to the hardware to experience the bugs in the first place (unless these bugs are why the code has been rejected). It's kind of like selling a used car to someone saying "the tires have been replaced twice" as though the owner will be affected by the first tire change.
                  Aren't this code should work with all amdgpu supported devices? Providing HDMI audio for example and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                    Are there Debian packages somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                    X