Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who with an amd Radeon™ RX series on gentoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who with an amd Radeon™ RX series on gentoo?

emerge --info
    is anybody using a polaris series on gentoo gnu/linux? The s.o is working but i can't test on games because steam have not amdgpu suport on gentoo. i was traying with unigine benchs but they crash. ex: http://i.imgur.com/SXFq9uA.png
    gentoo steam packages
    Last edited by papu; 29 January 2018, 11:53 AM.

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Debian testing Xfce is easier to use, stable and light rolling release operating system. You can use Oibaf and Padoka ppas for latest Mesa drivers and create custom kernel packages easily. Debian testing Xfce runs everywhere, I have used it in a Pentium III 800Mhz PC and AmLogic S912 (8 core ARM cpu) tvbox.
    How to install and use Debian testing:
    hello I will be building a PC in an HTPC case that will be connected to a receiver + home theater + 4K TV via HDMI. I will be using this for playing local

https://wiki.debian.org/Steam
    mmm i not want to change my gnu/linux i like gentoo and openrc, but the question is do you have a amd rx series? thanks

Comment

Don't worry about that forum user, he/she will suggest Debian and XFCE for any kind of computer problem like a broken record.

Try to find out more about the problem, like a stack trace from the crash, and consider asking in Gentoo forums.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
        Don't worry about that forum user, he/she will suggest Debian and XFCE for any kind of computer problem like a broken record.

Try to find out more about the problem, like a stack trace from the crash, and consider asking in Gentoo forums.
        not news about that in gentoo forums, seems nobody use a polaris card right now and gentoo

Comment

And why do you think that the problem is Polaris specific? About steam and driver problems, a number of threads come, most recently https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1065076.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            And why do you think that the problem is Polaris specific? About steam and driver problems, a number of threads come, most recently https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1065076.
            well i asking about people using polaris (especially on gentoo) the problem are in general with opensource amd drivers for unigine demos ( my last R9 270 neither works) but in particular for steam that dosen't have amdgpu support today then i can't test any pure-gnu/linux games right now in my system.

are there anybody running superposition bench or using steam under gnu/linux through amdgpu driver ?
            Last edited by papu; 27 June 2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

papu, why are you running amdgpu on your r9 270 rather than radeon ?
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                papu, why are you running amdgpu on your r9 270 rather than radeon ?
                ah i have new hard , --Intel i5 6600 --GA-Z170-HD3P --Ripjaws V 2x8 2400 --Radeon RX 470 G1 4G --Gentoo & Windows 64bits --Dell u2414h

p.d: i don't know where is to write my signature :O
                Last edited by papu; 27 June 2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

That's a good reason

Thanks !

Regarding your earlier posts, my understanding was that all of the Unigine demos (including Superposition) ran properly on the open source drivers, although IIRC performance on Superposition was initially fairly low. Not sure about current state there...
                  Test signature

Comment

ok then i have to find somebody with gentoo amdgpu ( and polaris) that they works.

Comment

Working...
                    X