Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 4.12 + Mesa 17.2-dev Yields Noticeable Advantages For Radeon Gamers On Ubuntu 17.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulkan with DOTA from 4.10 to 4.12 improves A LOT. I do not know if this will happen too with Nvidia GPUs, but it is worth one or several benchmarks in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
      Marek and Nicolai both work on radeonsi,
      any phoronix reader knows that nicolai works on stuff which is used by radv, so he can't be fulltime radeonsi dev

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        any phoronix reader knows that nicolai works on stuff which is used by radv, so he can't be fulltime radeonsi dev
        You argue with Dave about who works on what in this domain, you're brave!

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
          You argue with Dave about who works on what in this domain, you're brave!
          i know who dave is, it doesn't change facts

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

how are 2 people coding in their free time on RADV more man power than AMDs full time radeonSI team?
            This is not exactly a fair statement. radv directly leverages the work we've done in the kernel to improve performance for all UMDs and indirectly leverages the work we've done in radeonsi. The fact that we provide such good resources (code, developers, documentation, etc.) is what facilitates other developers working on our hardware. This is how open source works. The rising tide raises all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Marek and Nicolai both work on radeonsi, along with some Valve people contributing some time, shader cache and KHR_no_error help radeonsi. I don't work full time on radv, but it's quite a lot of my time at present, Bas works spare time, and we've had a few contributions outside of that (Fredrik and Feral).
              Wow, it's insane how much stuff you guys get done... I guess "The Mythical Man Month" and Brooks' Law is still very valid when it comes to software development. I've worked as a developer for 10 years now (wow, just last month!), in 4 different places, and I've seen so many people get so little done, so many times... Even though everybody is working full-time and are busy a 100% of the time! Even working overtime...

Comment

Working...
              X