Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I Change Color Saturation in Mint [18.1]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Can I Change Color Saturation in Mint [18.1]

    Hey guys, I'm really new to GNU/Linux environment. I did some research, but I couldn't find any posts about this issue. I have Mesa drivers installed, but because I can't download any proprietary drivers, I would like to know where to change the color saturation. I tried to do it from DriConf, but it honestly is just too complicated for me. Thanks in advance

    Mesa Version 17+ llvm Version 5.0+

    4.8.0-51-generic #54~16.04.1-Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    I am on Xfce DE.

  • #2
    see:
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...emperture-in-x

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey man, thanks for the answer, but I am looking to change the "Color Saturation", or "Digital Vibrance". I was looking to change the color temperature as well so again, thanks!

      Basically what I am looking for is a GUI like Catalyst Center. Like I said, I already tried DriConf but couldn't find Saturation or Digital Vibrance.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey man, thanks for responding but the setting that I am looking for is Color Saturation, or Digital Vibrance. Although I was looking for Temperature as well, so thanks again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wannabe_that_guy View Post

          Hey man, thanks for responding but the setting that I am looking for is Color Saturation, or Digital Vibrance. Although I was looking for Temperature as well, so thanks again.
          see:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management

          Or even better, build a desktop pc and use a monitor that you can adjust. Laptops are portable toys. Serious image processing is done with a with a desktop pc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

            see:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management

            Or even better, build a desktop pc and use a monitor that you can adjust. Laptops are portable toys. Serious image processing is done with a with a desktop pc.
            I already have a desktop monitor, but because it a TN panel, the colors are washed out. That's the reason I asked this question initially. I don't do any serious image processing I just watch films/shows. Thanks for the help though. I really want to stick with Linux. Do you know if Nvidia has its own drivers supported? AMD gave up on fglxr i guess.

            Btw I am looking to move to Debian Xfce

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wannabe_that_guy View Post

              I already have a desktop monitor, but because it a TN panel, the colors are washed out. That's the reason I asked this question initially. I don't do any serious image processing I just watch films/shows. Thanks for the help though. I really want to stick with Linux. Do you know if Nvidia has its own drivers supported? AMD gave up on fglxr i guess.

              Btw I am looking to move to Debian Xfce
              Usually computer monitors do have enough settings to make it look good. Amd give up fglrx because open source drivers are easier to use. I use the nv driver too but when you have hardware controls, use them.

              Comment

              Working...
              X