Benchmarking The New RadeonSI/Gallium3D Threaded Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brent View Post
    Also, wouldn't it have been more useful to test this on a CPU with limited single-threaded performance? The i7-7700K is the best CPU on the market as far as single-threaded performance is considered, so it will have the least possible wins. Maybe try some Athlon II instead, or even a Bulldozer?
    i7-7700K is notorious for suttering problem in gaming world. Intel recently mentioned about overclocking issue with that CPU even though the K series was designed for that purpose. Single thread will not be useful in the future once software moved to multi thread as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

i7-7700K is notorious for suttering problem in gaming world. Intel recently mentioned about overclocking issue with that CPU even though the K series was designed for that purpose. Single thread will not be useful in the future once software moved to multi thread as standard.
      At least we get new meaning for K, that means you should run at stocK frequency

Comment

Some of the feedback here seems too harsh. I'm actually glad Michael tested it so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          Some of the feedback here seems too harsh. I'm actually glad Michael tested it so soon.
          (Do not overclocK me) Kaby and Fury really does not tell whole story, likely most of the readers does not posses such a combo

It is just part of it, maybe also something middle range and low end might draw more complete picture.

Even if Fury smells like middle range to Vega

Whatever, it is always harsh on PC scene as not all run same Playstation 4... so if you do one test that is never enough
          Last edited by dungeon; 11 May 2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Michael time for you to switch LLVM 5.0 SVN/Git.... 4.0 is old ;p

Comment

Originally posted by spstarr View Post
              Michael time for you to switch LLVM 5.0 SVN/Git.... 4.0 is old ;p
              Old is relative category, stable is nearly absolute

He might wait Vega for forced... khm, khm, natural switch or something like cos V is 5 by roman numeric
              Last edited by dungeon; 12 May 2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Bring Agent 47 in! My R7 260X rarely reaches 100% utilization while my Athlon X4 860k even at 4.5GHz sweats heavily at 80-100%

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post

I agree, the only benchmark I would have been interested in is a Civ 6 benchmark (And other heavily CPU bound games), and I was disappointed.
                  I also don't get the point how Michael tested a CPU-bound improvement at 4K resolutions. Ugh.
                  Only good thing we can deduct from this is that no regressions happened.
                  You're overstating the facts since we know how he runs his tests and the results he found for this test
                  ​​​​Is not so bad

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Officially Intel recently stated how does not support such activities, let alone delidding but not even any overclocking

http://www.pcgamer.com/intels-tells-...id-high-temps/
                    This response not merit his question

Comment

Why don't all you whingers apply the patches and run pts yourself?

Or you can wait and see like me.

Thanks Marek!
                      Great to see raven stuff dropping too.

Comment

Working...
                      X