No announcement yet.

Benchmarking The New RadeonSI/Gallium3D Threaded Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do a round 2 of testing, please throw Civ 6 in there. It's in a very frustrating state atm.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
      If you do a round 2 of testing, please throw Civ 6 in there. It's in a very frustrating state atm.
      I agree, the only benchmark I would have been interested in is a Civ 6 benchmark (And other heavily CPU bound games), and I was disappointed.
      I also don't get the point how Michael tested a CPU-bound improvement at 4K resolutions. Ugh.
      Only good thing we can deduct from this is that no regressions happened.

Comment

Originally posted by valici View Post
        The benchmarks at 4k were probably gpu bound.
        I think the same, indeed is clear in some benchmark as the gains become wider with lower resolutions/quality which means that they were gpu bound.

Comment

More stable frame time in OpenArena, perfect! This is very important when you want to get an advantage of those 125 fps like i do in some server.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
            Why are most of the tests 4k?
            Because most people on linux have 4k screens, of course.

Comment

Nice I am looking forward to the ryzen version of this test. I also expect the differences to be greater there.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                Why are most of the tests 4k? They are more GPU bound tests. I bet the performance gains will be seen more clearly at 1080p.
                Yeah, Phoronix really did a stupid here. This is not showing what the patches do at all.

Comment

I expected APU at FullHD with no fired up settings for Titan X As because this is not for gamers only improvments, Marek mentioned x11, gtkperf, etc...

But hey we are on Phoronix where exactly opposite is expected, so where are 8K CPU bound tests and why CPU is not overclocked for God sake ?
                  Last edited by dungeon; 11 May 2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugo8621 View Post
                    Or a Ryzen??? Many threads but single core not as strong as the 7700K
                    Source? Most of the Ryzen tests against the Core i7 7700K are done with the latter overclocked up to 5 Ghz with water cooling and delidding. The intel fanboys never cease to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post

Source? Most of the Ryzen tests against the Core i7 7700K are done with the latter overclocked up to 5 Ghz with water cooling and delidding. The intel fanboys never cease to amaze me.
                      Officially Intel recently stated how does not support such activities, let alone delidding but not even any overclocking

“We do not recommend running outside the processor specifications, such as by exceeding processor frequency or voltage specifications, or removing of the integrated heat spreader (sometimes called ‘de-lidding’). These actions will void the processor warranty.”
                      http://www.pcgamer.com/intels-tells-...id-high-temps/

Comment

Working...
                      X