Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmarking The New RadeonSI/Gallium3D Threaded Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    I upgraded to LLVM 4.0, and noticed no change. Now on Git (b5437fc05c7d8fb3899b073b451c7c658c4dc441)

    Sigh, this is going to take a while to find.

    Comment


    • #42
      I recomment trying: GALLIUM_THREAD=0
      Also add this to your HUD: GALLIUM_HUD=num-bytes-moved

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by marek View Post
        I recomment trying: GALLIUM_THREAD=0
        Also add this to your HUD: GALLIUM_HUD=num-bytes-moved
        Thanks for the response Marek.

        I added GALLIUM_THREAD=0 to the environment, but it made no change at all. bench average stayed at 17.7fps.
        This doesn't seem right?

        num-bytes-moved graph was mostly spiking during loading, during the benchmark run it was most often at 0, sometimes jump up to a few hundred KB, and had one big spike of about 5MB.
        That seems ok?

        I'm going to try upgrading to 4.11.1 kernel to see if that makes a difference?

        Comment


        • #44
          Ok, I upgraded to 4.11.1 and the only change I noticed is that the VRAM usage was a bit lower, and num-bytes-moved was also definitely lower (almost always zero now).
          But benchmark results are more-or-less the same at 17.8fps.

          I'm going to downgrade to mesa-17.1, and see.

          Comment


          • #45
            @marek

            Right, so there is definitely a big regression with the current GIT.
            After downgrading to mesa-17.1.0, I now get 30.4fps average on the benchmark.
            (glad my memory wasn't lying to me)

            All benchmarking was also done with this env vars:
            vblank_mode=0 R600_DEBUG=sisched,forcedma

            I'm still open to testing specific versions of the git repo, Is there a git version you want me to try?

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by grigi View Post
              @marek

              Right, so there is definitely a big regression with the current GIT.
              After downgrading to mesa-17.1.0, I now get 30.4fps average on the benchmark.
              (glad my memory wasn't lying to me)

              All benchmarking was also done with this env vars:
              vblank_mode=0 R600_DEBUG=sisched,forcedma

              I'm still open to testing specific versions of the git repo, Is there a git version you want me to try?
              At this point I think bisecting the regression is the only option. I don't think sisched and forcedma are necessary.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by marek View Post

                At this point I think bisecting the regression is the only option. I don't think sisched and forcedma are necessary.
                I didn't get round to bisecting it yet, but I noticed that the regression also happens between 17.1.0 and 17.1.1 Which is a lot less changes to test.
                Hopefully I'll be able to confirm that this is the case and then at least I have bounds to narrow the search (because the validation is manual, and I need to use this system for work)

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by marek View Post

                  At this point I think bisecting the regression is the only option. I don't think sisched and forcedma are necessary.
                  Ok, I found the commit that causes the regression:
                  On branch "17.1":
                  35ec26bb00536639b9571f31d8e3f2bcbcfc32fb 30.31fps
                  ad3b5b7f5f7590fd4359ea3483e2309e4cebc472 18.12fps

                  So the commit that causes the big slowdown:
                  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...e2309e4cebc472
                  seems to be specific to SI.
                  Note that I have a Mobile Cape Verde (M4000: 512 shaders, 675Mhz, 1G DDR5 RAM) which is si.

                  The commit sounds like it should fix a tesselation related bug, but in Shadow of Mordor I notice no visual difference, just a massive performance deficit.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by grigi View Post

                    Ok, I found the commit that causes the regression:
                    On branch "17.1":
                    35ec26bb00536639b9571f31d8e3f2bcbcfc32fb 30.31fps
                    ad3b5b7f5f7590fd4359ea3483e2309e4cebc472 18.12fps

                    So the commit that causes the big slowdown:
                    https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...e2309e4cebc472
                    seems to be specific to SI.
                    Note that I have a Mobile Cape Verde (M4000: 512 shaders, 675Mhz, 1G DDR5 RAM) which is si.

                    The commit sounds like it should fix a tesselation related bug, but in Shadow of Mordor I notice no visual difference, just a massive performance deficit.
                    You can keep the commit reverted. Fixing the performance regression is under discussion.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Thank you

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X