No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 550 Stumbles On Open-Source, Working Fine With AMDGPU-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... I love that fix - the little 550 had delusions of grandeur with being a VEGA10. I am so glad that fix breaks that habit!

Comment

FWIW, polaris 12 should work out of the box on mesa 17.0.x.

Comment

I got MSI RX 580 recently. For the desktop usage its ok, although on boot text is all messed up on 1440p monitor, second 1080p monitor displays text file. Both attached to same card.

One game i tried - Planetary Anihilation: Titans - had most textures messed up. They were either white, full of artifacts or not visible at all. There clearly is some work to be done.

Comment

You'd think they'd try to fire the thing up with the card before considering it done.

Oh well, good that there is a patch.

Comment

this card stumbles on it's own price and form factor a lot before this

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post
              I got MSI RX 580 recently. For the desktop usage its ok, although on boot text is all messed up on 1440p monitor, second 1080p monitor displays text file. Both attached to same card.

One game i tried - Planetary Anihilation: Titans - had most textures messed up. They were either white, full of artifacts or not visible at all. There clearly is some work to be done.
              I think you can open a bug here https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                this card stumbles on it's own price and form factor a lot before this
                I dunno. For my purposes, which is =zero= gaming and all desktop, it's actually pretty ideal. Small, silent, low-power - and, in my benchmarks, for my purposes, as fast as the RX580 it replaced. Very, very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post

I dunno. For my purposes, which is =zero= gaming and all desktop, it's actually pretty ideal. Small, silent, low-power - and, in my benchmarks, for my purposes, as fast as the RX580 it replaced. Very, very happy with it.
                  for your purposes you can easily go with a hd 5450 which will be cheaper, smaller, quieter and more power efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post

for your purposes you can easily go with a hd 5450 which will be cheaper, smaller, quieter and more power efficient.
                    I've got one. Won't drive my 4K display.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                      ... I love that fix - the little 550 had delusions of grandeur with being a VEGA10. I am so glad that fix breaks that habit!
                      Well, a card can dream, can it not?

Comment

Working...
                      X