Vulkan on mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan on mesa

I have R5 M330 and integrated R3 mullins and I can't try out Vulkan demos. After trying to run dota2 with -vulkan flag i get error "Failed to initialize Vulkan. Plase make sure that your GPU supports Vulkan.". When trying to run vulkaninfo, I get this error:
    /build/vulkan-WFoCfr/vulkan-1.0.42.0+dfsg1/demos/vulkaninfo.c:1523: failed with VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Is my hardware unsupported or am I going something wrong?
    Last edited by paupav; 19 April 2017, 10:25 AM.

MULLINS is a CIK (Sea Islands) part. You need a kernel compiled with CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK and use amdgpu kernel driver instead of radeon.

Comment

Ok, I have 4.10.0-19, i believe it has CIK enabled because lspci -v shows it as available for both R3 and R5:
      Kernel driver in use: radeon
      Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu

I can't blacklist radeon driver. I've tried adding radeon.blacklist=yes in grub, adding "blackilist radeon" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, but it is still using radeon module.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
        Ok, I have 4.10.0-19, i believe it has CIK enabled because lspci -v shows it as available for both R3 and R5:
        Kernel driver in use: radeon
        Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu

I can't blacklist radeon driver. I've tried adding radeon.blacklist=yes in grub, adding "blackilist radeon" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, but it is still using radeon module.
        Append modprobe.blacklist=radeon to the kernel command line in grub.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Append modprobe.blacklist=radeon to the kernel command line in grub.
          This worked , i thought that syntax was radeon.blacklist=yes
          But, It seems that Dota 2 doesn't work with amdgpu

Thank you!

Comment

Do you have a copy of Mesa with radv enabled in the build ? If not then you still won't have Vulkan support.

AFAIK Dota2 does work with radv.
            Test signature

Comment

After updating Mesa from Oibaf's repository it seems to be working, thank you

Comment

Working...
              X