Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Waah waah
    Didn't I already explain what I meant? You can argue about semantics with yourself all day along, but don't waste anyone else's time on it

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    you are mistaken
    That was more a feature of speech. Went and checked the last AMDGPU-PRO vs Mesa article here on Phoronix and in it AMDGPU-PRO came on top in the synthetic benchmark.

you are delusional. amdgpu-pro doesn't require dc mainlining, so it was most of non-amdgpu-pro development effort
    Dyslexia much? I never said that DC mainlining was somehow necessary for AMDGPU-PRO. That would be a stupid thing to say as AMDGPU-PRO already has DC with all of it's features built right in and the main part of the AMDGPU-PRO dev team is working on getting it approved for merging into the basic kernel AMDGPU driver.

Once that's done there's probably a whole bunch of refactoring that needs to be done, but once that's done and AMDGPU-PRO is ready to be shown to the public as source code, RadV can go join Mir with all the other of useless NIH syndrome projects that have come and gone like houseflies over the years.
    Last edited by L_A_G; 18 April 2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      there are much more recent si cards
      Yes, the Radeon R9 370 is one of those recent cards - I forgot that oddball. But can you imagine, people trying to game on Linux, watching benchmarks and probing everything would forget to check which GCN-Arch the card has while buying it? My impression is, that the number of sold 370 cards is pretty low. Nevertheless, they should still be supported with the new tech.

Comment

Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post
        When will the R9-290 be properly supported!?!? Geeez!
        This is probably due to ubuntu still ship old radeon firmware. Try to get hawaii_*.bin files from [1], put them in /lib/firmware/radeon and update initramfs (update-initramfs -u).

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...it/tree/radeon

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
          Yes, the Radeon R9 370 is one of those recent cards - I forgot that oddball.
          you also forgot 43x cards released several months ago. and there are rumours of lowest 5xx cards.

Comment

Working...
          X