No announcement yet.

article on r9 290: poor performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No! Where can I get linux-firmware.git including amdgpu FW for hawai GCN1.1?

Comment

Found it in the link, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by leder View Post
        Thanks alot! I will stick with amdgpu with same performance as radeon. And in Metro Last Light I should see an improvement in FPS!
        Consider buying a solid state disk, your computer boots really slow. Games do load scenes from a mass media so gaming will be smoother too. 240 GB sata ssds are reasonable priced.

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
          Have you tried to update firmware?
          with updated linux-firmware.git I get still only 23 fps average in hitman benchmark. Additionally graphics is stuttering, which it did not before :-( I think I will have to wait for kernel 4.11 in ubuntu and amdgpu updates, for now I have no further idea...

P. S. I already use SSD only

Comment

...P. S. I already use SSD only
            Then to speed up the computer, remove unneeded services and make a non debug 1000Hz timer kernel.
            Last edited by debianxfce; 04-21-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Then to speed up the computer, remove unneeded services and make a non debug 1000Hz timer kernel.
              I do not think I know what you are talking about.

Comment

I do not think I know what you are talking about.
                Use the command: systemd-analyze blame

And remove avahi, dns, modemmanager etc unused services with a software manager (Synaptic probably is in Ubuntu too). Check booting speed with: systemd-analyze time

Non debug 1000Hz timer kernel is a custom kernel that you create for your hardware. it will make your operating system snappier.
                Last edited by debianxfce; 04-27-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Use the command: systemd-analyze blame

And remove avahi, dns, modemmanager etc unused services with a software manager (Synaptic probably is in Ubuntu too). Check booting speed with: systemd-analyze time

Non debug 1000Hz timer kernel is a custom kernel that you create for your hardware. it will make your operating system snappier.
                  This does not affect the amdgpu driver!

Comment

This does not affect the amdgpu driver!
                    If you have slower cpu than Amd developers, 1000Hz timer, non debug kernel makes amdgpu driver stable. Also in games you will have 1-2 fps better performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X