Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

article on r9 290: poor performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    No! Where can I get linux-firmware.git including amdgpu FW for hawai GCN1.1?

    Comment


    • #12
      Found it in the link, thank you!

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by leder View Post
        Thanks alot! I will stick with amdgpu with same performance as radeon. And in Metro Last Light I should see an improvement in FPS!
        Consider buying a solid state disk, your computer boots really slow. Games do load scenes from a mass media so gaming will be smoother too. 240 GB sata ssds are reasonable priced.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by puleglot View Post
          Have you tried to update firmware?
          with updated linux-firmware.git I get still only 23 fps average in hitman benchmark. Additionally graphics is stuttering, which it did not before :-( I think I will have to wait for kernel 4.11 in ubuntu and amdgpu updates, for now I have no further idea...

          P. S. I already use SSD only

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by leder View Post
            ...P. S. I already use SSD only
            Then to speed up the computer, remove unneeded services and make a non debug 1000Hz timer kernel.
            Last edited by debianxfce; 04-21-2017, 12:29 AM.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

              Then to speed up the computer, remove unneeded services and make a non debug 1000Hz timer kernel.
              I do not think I know what you are talking about.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by leder View Post

                I do not think I know what you are talking about.
                Use the command: systemd-analyze blame

                And remove avahi, dns, modemmanager etc unused services with a software manager (Synaptic probably is in Ubuntu too). Check booting speed with: systemd-analyze time

                Non debug 1000Hz timer kernel is a custom kernel that you create for your hardware. it will make your operating system snappier.
                Last edited by debianxfce; 04-27-2017, 11:29 PM.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

                  Use the command: systemd-analyze blame

                  And remove avahi, dns, modemmanager etc unused services with a software manager (Synaptic probably is in Ubuntu too). Check booting speed with: systemd-analyze time

                  Non debug 1000Hz timer kernel is a custom kernel that you create for your hardware. it will make your operating system snappier.
                  This does not affect the amdgpu driver!

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by leder View Post

                    This does not affect the amdgpu driver!
                    If you have slower cpu than Amd developers, 1000Hz timer, non debug kernel makes amdgpu driver stable. Also in games you will have 1-2 fps better performance.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X