Support for vega and ryzen in ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for vega and ryzen in ubuntu

Hi. I plan to buy ryzen 7 and vega when it is available and I also want to use ubuntu but I'm not sure which kernel ubuntu will use at the time. From what I know from internet Ubuntu 17.04 will use 4.10 and for vega I need 4.12. Do you know how ubuntu manage his kernels. I want to know how they bumb kernel versions in Ubuntu releases.

Originally posted by kalin View Post
    Hi. I plan to buy ryzen 7 and vega when it is available and I also want to use ubuntu but I'm not sure which kernel ubuntu will use at the time. From what I know from internet Ubuntu 17.04 will use 4.10 and for vega I need 4.12. Do you know how ubuntu manage his kernels. I want to know how they bumb kernel versions in Ubuntu releases.
    For Vega on open-source you will actually need at least Linux 4.13, as DC didn't land for 4.12 in allowing display support. So unless you are planning to just use Vega as a compute system without graphics, hopefully DC will land for 4.13. The alternative is to then just use AMDGPU-PRO that should be updated for Vega and then you would be fine in using Ubuntu 17.04's stock kernel.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok thanks but some of the expensive motherboards may require 4.11 because sound card.

Comment

Working...
      X