Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU HD7950 overclock

Hi,
    I recently watercooled my HD 7950 along with my Ivy Bridge CPU (which easily reached 5GHz rock solid once delidded). I overclocked the HD 7950 on Windows using MSI Afterburner and I reached stability at 1200 MHz for the core and 1600 MHz for the memory. I obviously had to increase both the core voltage and the memory voltage. Since I don't use Windows except for some random testing I would like to be able to use my overclock settings with the (still experimental) AMDGPU driver. I'm pretty sure OverDrive support is present since several kernel releases: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...rDrive-Support
    Unfortunately I discovered it seems to be too basic to be useful: is there any way to set core and ram frequencies/voltages except from flashing them in the VGA BIOS? Decent OverDrive support would be very useful in Linux, I don't care if it's still not mainlined, even a floating patch would suffice my needs and I could help testing.

P.S. I don't even need frequency scaling: if the VGA always stays at the highest frequency it would be fine.
    Last edited by darkbasic; 03-15-2017, 11:12 AM.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)
Working...
X