Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Experimental Ubuntu Kernel Build With AMDGPU DC/DAL

Phoronix: An Experimental Ubuntu Kernel Build With AMDGPU DC/DAL

A Phoronix reader has written in about his independent work to make it easier trying out the latest AMDGPU DC/DAL code on Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there actually signs that they are even close to being ready to attempt upstreaming DC?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
      Are there actually signs that they are even close to being ready to attempt upstreaming DC?
      Hopefully they are, since they have indicated Vega support is contingent on it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
        If they don't submit another RFC to the mailing list in the next couple weeks, I think you can safely assume there's no way they'll hit the 4.12 kernel.

Maybe 4.13?

Comment

Michael I wonder if there is a chance you could convince bridgman or one of his fellow AMD people to write up a short guest article about the current state of the new display code and what their current hopes are?

Comment

I wonder how long this can go on until someone from community reads through PR for hardware details, throws away DC/DAL and submits their own PR based on DRM concepts so it has greater likelihood to be merged

Comment

How make ebuilds?

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
                How make ebuilds?
                I wouldn't bother. As a Gentoo developer, I just clone the kernel from git. It's a lot faster in the long run, Portage takes ages to install of those kernel source files.

Comment

Perfect, someone did something about this hypocrisy.

Comment

Someday users will be free to get some new feature without need to wait a new Kernel release.

Comment

Working...
                    X