Linux 4.11-rc1 + Mesa 17.1 Git Tests With AMDGPU+RadeonSI/RADV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theghost View Post
    Berliner Weiße with raspberry syrup tastes much better than woodruff syrup.
    But raspberry syrup isn't green :P
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

What a shame to spoil the good beer.
      Maybe you meant "Blutwurst" in English "blood sausage". We have some really delicious stuff here in Germany .
      Yet, blutwurst. This was in Berlin.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
        Michael, sorry for the dumb question: is there a difference between amdgpu and modesetting?

Running system-info shows modesetting 1.18.4 as my Display Driver, and no matter what I do, it doesn't say amdgpu 1.2.99 even though I'm fairly sure it's loading amdgpu by viewing the Xorg log.

Code:
         GRAPHICS: MSI AMD Radeon RX 470/480 8192MB
        OpenGL: 4.5 Mesa 17.1.0-devel- padoka PPA Gallium 0.4 (LLVM 5.0.0)
        Vulkan: 1.0.42
        OpenCL: OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 17.1.0-devel- padoka PPA + OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2264.10)
        Display Driver: modesetting 1.18.4
        Monitor: XG2401
        Screen: 1920x1080
        Thanks in advance.
        Not a dumb question. Couple of comments:

1. X seems to load a half-dozen different drivers before it decides which one to use. Keep scrolling down past the "loading driver XYZ" messages and eventually you should see most of the messages coming from a single driver, which in your case will be modesetting.

2. When using the open source stack I believe the amdgpu and modesetting drivers will give similar results; I believe we are recommending amdgpu but a lot of distros still use modestting. They both use glamor for 2D acceleration on GCN hardware.

Test signature

Comment

What a shame to spoil the good beer.
          Maybe you meant "Blutwurst" in English "blood sausage". We have some really delicious stuff here in Germany .
          The most famous beer here is Tsingtao Beer

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I had a Bananenweizen before and it was nasty, but I think that's cause it was paired with blotwurst...... Waldmeister Beliner Weisse is tastier IMO.
            Blutwurst is something I'm definitely never going to eat! Ever!
            But the same goes to Stippgrütze or Wurstebrei. I've eaten it in the past, but it's definitely nothing I'm going to eat again even if it's kind of a must growing up in Ostwestfalen. ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X