Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.11-rc1 + Mesa 17.1 Git Tests With AMDGPU+RadeonSI/RADV

Phoronix: Linux 4.11-rc1 + Mesa 17.1 Git Tests With AMDGPU+RadeonSI/RADV

With the Linux 4.11 merge window now closed and the RadeonSI shader cache having landed and even turned on by default, it's a great time to run some fresh benchmarks of the open-source AMD Linux graphics driver stack. Here are some benchmark results with the latest Mesa Git code for RadeonSI Gallium3D and RADV as well as the Linux 4.11-rc1 kernel compared to Linux 4.10.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24296

With new Mesa drivers, Dota 2 Vulkan rocks...

So what does "Berliner Weisse Mit Schuß Waldmeister Enden“ mean?

Comment

Waldmeister is called sweetscented bedstrawing in English (at least Wikipedia tells me so) and is added to Berliner Weisse, a German wheat beer.

I'm no friend of adding Waldmeister to Weißbier, but banana juice is a nice addition (Bananenweizen).

Comment

Weisse means white as in a blonde wheat beer.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
          Waldmeister is called sweetscented bedstrawing in English (at least Wikipedia tells me so) and is added to Berliner Weisse, a German wheat beer.

I'm no friend of adding Waldmeister to Weißbier, but banana juice is a nice addition (Bananenweizen).
          I had a Bananenweizen before and it was nasty, but I think that's cause it was paired with blotwurst...... Waldmeister Beliner Weisse is tastier IMO.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Civ VI on kernel 4.10 with R9 fury performs much better(23.5 vs 8.5) with highest quality than with low? I think someting wrong with results here.

Comment

Michael, sorry for the dumb question: is there a difference between amdgpu and modesetting?

Running system-info shows modesetting 1.18.4 as my Display Driver, and no matter what I do, it doesn't say amdgpu 1.2.99 even though I'm fairly sure it's loading amdgpu by viewing the Xorg log.

Code:
                GRAPHICS:           MSI AMD Radeon RX 470/480 8192MB
                  OpenGL:           4.5 Mesa 17.1.0-devel- padoka PPA Gallium 0.4 (LLVM 5.0.0)
                  Vulkan:           1.0.42
                  OpenCL:           OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 17.1.0-devel- padoka PPA + OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2264.10)
                  Display Driver:   modesetting 1.18.4
                  Monitor:          XG2401
                  Screen:           1920x1080
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Was there any point in showing that Hitman frametime graph? The outliers make it nearly useless

Comment

Berliner Weiße with raspberry syrup tastes much better than woodruff syrup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I had a Bananenweizen before and it was nasty, but I think that's cause it was paired with blotwurst...... Waldmeister Beliner Weisse is tastier IMO.
                    What a shame to spoil the good beer.
                    Maybe you meant "Blutwurst" in English "blood sausage". We have some really delicious stuff here in Germany .

Comment

Working...
                    X