RadeonSI On-Disk Shader Cache Lands In Mesa Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news!
    Looks like it's time to for me to learn how to build MESA and test it.

Comment

Great work man.
      Where is the Intel support at sorry? Was it limited to NIR or something? I've looked through mesa commit log and couldn't work out if an env var to enable or not at that point. There were threads on the email archives about leaving it 'unplugged' for now.. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

If you rebuild Mesa or LLVM it will also delete the cache the next time you run an app.
        I was using the same freshly built Mesa. I guess the benefit of such cache is limited so far. It would make more sense to create cache profiles for applications separately. In order to allow using it with multiple applications run in between.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
          Even on my OLD Radeon HD 6670 (Turks XT) 2 GB (r600g) I get doubled speed with LS2015 during startup.
          What's up with r600g right now? It's intermediate state that get stored, or hardware-specific binary?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            What's up with r600g right now? It's intermediate state that get stored, or hardware-specific binary?
            TGSI only.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I was using the same freshly built Mesa. I guess the benefit of such cache is limited so far. It would make more sense to create cache profiles for applications separately. In order to allow using it with multiple applications run in between.
              It's not meant to delete the cache if you are running apps for the same architecture. If you are sure they were both 64-bit that would be a bug, and you should provide steps to reproduce.

Comment

It's not meant to delete the cache if you are running apps for the same architecture. If you are sure they were both 64-bit that would be a bug, and you should provide steps to reproduce.
                I run a game with wine (nine) with the cache enabled and then there's a path issue:
                Failed to create /home/geearf/.cache/mesa/1488523953_1488521826/AMD TAHITI/1e for shader cache (No such file or directory)---disabling.
                The correct folder seems to be "/home/geearf/.cache/mesa/1488523955_1488521826/"
                5 instead of 3.

Maybe the issue is that the game has a launcher, which is 32b whereas the game itself is 64b.

Comment

Nice, very nice. And interesting to see the first benchmarks. Or course, building the cache will take time but once done...
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Ah, I see. I didn't realize it. I only see there directories like: $HOME/.cache/mesa/1488518386_1485511335/AMD POLARIS10/##

and there is only one directory under $HOME/.cache/mesa (while I tested 2 games). And timestamp of that dir is from the second run. I'll try to test it again paying more attention.

Comment

This is the most anticipated feature I was expecting so far!
                      Thanks tarceri and thanks Valve!

Comment

Working...
                      X