Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Shader Cache May Be Flipped On By Default

Phoronix: RadeonSI Shader Cache May Be Flipped On By Default

On Wednesday the RadeonSI/R600g shader cache landed for on-disk caching of TGSI IR while one day later the caching is already being expanded and may soon be enabled by default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Piglit and all games tested so far seem to be working without issue.
    "Oh, we'll just have to see about that!"
    ~ Michael

Comment

Id love to see the differences between no shader cache, its current implementation and the cached binaries.

Comment

Michael, where in the patch is it mentioned that native machine code is now being cached?

- when loading from disk cache also binary insert into memory cache.
        - check that the binary loaded from disk is the correct size. If not delete the cache item and skip loading from cache.

The binary file is cached TGSI IR?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
          Michael, where in the patch is it mentioned that native machine code is now being cached?
          in sources
          - when loading from disk cache also binary insert into memory cache.
          - check that the binary loaded from disk is the correct size. If not delete the cache item and skip loading from cache.
          it is a list of differences from previous patch version
          The binary file is cached TGSI IR?
          no, tgsi is cache key

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            This patch would implement the RadeonSI on-disk shader cache for the GPU-generated shader code
            Shouldn't it be "CPU-generated"?

Comment

When I enable it on Tomb Raider the game crashes after the Feral Logo.

Edit: After further testing it looks like the second game I run crashes.

If I clear out the contents of .cache/mesa/ and run tomb raider with the option turned on it works, but if I run Deus Ex next with the option turned on Deus Ex crashes. If I clear.cache/mesa/ again and do the opposite order Tomb Raider crashes.

Edit2: Tested a little more and it looks like its related to the steam overlay. If I disable the overlay, or run the games directly via terminal the games no longer crash.
              Last edited by ramrod; 25 February 2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X