Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boffo View Post
    Ok, I clened again https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing
    I didn't know packman had flash and openSUSE-20160907-0 was removed, note that it's an automatically duplicated added after the opensuse installation.

As for the system it's an APU AMD A8 chip for laptops with AMD ARUBA (R600), that's the architecture before southern island so it's from the last generation of R600 devices. RAM 6 GB.

edit: AMD A8-4555M APU
    now this looks almost like a virgin tumbleweed install now
    Is zypper dup without conflicts now? I forgot to say that packman would best given a higher priority (98).

but did all that help? what about games crashing?
    the apu should be fine for up to openGL 4.1 games @720p and it should be stable from what I have read. I personaly have only experience with radeonSI since I gave away my r600 driven E350 Fusion 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

now this looks almost like a virgin tumbleweed install now
      Is zypper dup without conflicts now? I forgot to say that packman would best given a higher priority (98).

but did all that help? what about games crashing?
      the apu should be fine for up to openGL 4.1 games @720p and it should be stable from what I have read. I personaly have only experience with radeonSI since I gave away my r600 driven E350 Fusion 2 years ago.
      It helped a bit, but the games are still crashing.

Comment

In which way did it help?
        If pontostroy helped in former times, this could have been a coincidence. If you want to verify, try

That seems to be the best pontostroy-fork out there, including wine-nine etc.

If this does not help and you really want to solve this, you need to be more specific.
        Which games.
        Which Desktop (KDE, Gnome or ...)
        When do they crash - always after time, instantly, randomly
        How do they crash - partlialy or complete game freeze, system freeze, crash to desktop, graphics coruption first then crash
        Since when do they crash

Your problem could be
        - bad RAM
        - cpu/gpu overheating (dust-accumulation, loose screw, not-working-throttling)
        - bad drivers
        - game bugs
        - a combination...

I could go on. If you want a solution please provide more information.

Comment

WARNING:
          Todays git-version of http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...SE_Tumbleweed/
          scrambled / froze my desktop reproducably on boot. As I use radeonSI and you r600 your mileague may be entirely different.
          I had to boot to runlever 3, deactivate the repo and zypper dup back.

Comment

In which way did it help?
            If pontostroy helped in former times, this could have been a coincidence. If you want to verify, try

That seems to be the best pontostroy-fork out there, including wine-nine etc.

If this does not help and you really want to solve this, you need to be more specific.
            Which games.
            Which Desktop (KDE, Gnome or ...)
            When do they crash - always after time, instantly, randomly
            How do they crash - partlialy or complete game freeze, system freeze, crash to desktop, graphics coruption first then crash
            Since when do they crash

Your problem could be
            - bad RAM
            - cpu/gpu overheating (dust-accumulation, loose screw, not-working-throttling)
            - bad drivers
            - game bugs
            - a combination...

I could go on. If you want a solution please provide more information.
            Usually I play Valve games ( Portal 1&2, TF2, Dead or Alive 2), but it also happened with Metro last Light.
            Desktop: Gnome, Kde & IceWM
            It crashes at random times I would say between 10-60 minutes.
            Black screen and the computer doesn't respond anymore, note: it's not automatically turning off do to overheating, the computer is still on, but it's totally unresponsive.
            Since everytime I use the default graphics stack, usually substituting Mesa with Pontostroy's version was enough, but then it worked till I had a compatible default llvm & kernel, installing all pontostroy was a must.

Comment

Did you monitor gpu and cpu temperature? Can you also put your xorg logs from /var/logs/Xorg/something... With recent data from a crash Does this still happen? Cause it does sound like a hardware fault more than a software fault to me, even when switching to pontostroy helped. Cause when you now use the default software, you are basically using what pontostroy offered 2 months ago. Using all of pontostroy is expected. You cannot use a repo partially. Obs repos are not designed like that.

Comment

Did you monitor gpu and cpu temperature? Can you also put your xorg logs from /var/logs/Xorg/something... With recent data from a crash Does this still happen? Cause it does sound like a hardware fault more than a software fault to me, even when switching to pontostroy helped. Cause when you now use the default software, you are basically using what pontostroy offered 2 months ago. Using all of pontostroy is expected. You cannot use a repo partially. Obs repos are not designed like that.
                The file /var/logs/Xorg/something doesn't exist. There are: var/log/Xorg.0.log, var/log/Xorg.0.log.old, var/log/Xorg.1.log and var/log/Xorg.2.log with no useful information about the crash. In the last log of journalctl before the system crash there is a time change (message: Time has been changed, priority: 6).
                I think the difference between the default and the pontostroy is in the configuration file for compiling mesa or llvm. There wasn't a difference in the temperature between the two versions.
                Last edited by boffo; 13 March 2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

The file /var/logs/Xorg/something doesn't exist. There are: var/log/Xorg.0.log, var/log/Xorg.0.log.old, var/log/Xorg.1.log and var/log/Xorg.2.log with no useful information about the crash. In the last log of journalctl before the system crash there is a time change (message: Time has been changed, priority: 6).
                  I think the difference between the default and the pontostroy is in the configuration file for compiling mesa or llvm. There wasn't a difference in the temperature between the two versions.
                  var/log/Xorg.0.log was what I meant. As I am out of ideas I recommend you opening a bug report https://bugzilla.opensuse.org and post full logs (dmesg and Xorg.0.log and your repo list (sudo zypper lr) there.

cheers, tomtomme

Comment

var/log/Xorg.0.log was what I meant. As I am out of ideas I recommend you opening a bug report https://bugzilla.opensuse.org and post full logs (dmesg and Xorg.0.log and your repo list (sudo zypper lr) there.

cheers, tomtomme
                    I already opened a bg report. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X