No announcement yet.

The Surprises When Testing A Radeon RX 470 With AMDGPU's DRM-Next Linux 4.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Surprises When Testing A Radeon RX 470 With AMDGPU's DRM-Next Linux 4.11

Phoronix: The Surprises When Testing A Radeon RX 470 With AMDGPU's DRM-Next Linux 4.11

While DRM-Next hasn't even been submitted yet for the Linux 4.11 merge window, I ran some benchmarks today of an AMD Radeon RX 470 graphics card comparing Linux 4.10.0 to the current DRM-Next state...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...RX470-DRM-Next

That looks pretty neat.

Comment

Impressive, all those improvements without any signs of regression, how rare.

Comment

Recheck RX 460 that should be always faster than R7 260... otherwise bug

Comment

Dayum, just when a guy on this forum was (rightly) telling me I shouldn't be using a "next" kernel in everyday use, I see this. Lol. That Deus Ex improvement is amazing, I hope it's not an anomaly.

Comment

Someone mentioned in another thread that images were no longer displaying (eg the graphics in this article). Same is happening to me now, I just see text with no graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Someone mentioned in another thread that images were no longer displaying (eg the graphics in this article). Same is happening to me now, I just see text with no graphics.
              I can see all pictures, but maybe half an hour ago site was down to me... probably Michael playing with server or something

Comment

OK, graphics are back. Maybe I was seeing a partially down site.

Comment

The game works fine for me with the 4.8 kernel on my rx470, It must have regressed with 4.9 or 4.10.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    Impressive, all those improvements without any signs of regression, how rare.
                    Compared to the performance of the RX480, seems to me that there was a regression for RX470 in linux 4.10 (and maybe in older kernels too). Now, with drm-next 4.11, it has the expected performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X