Almost A Decade Later, RadeonHD Stories Still Coming To Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Luc,

It is quite clear you feel to be victim for some foul play and have a deep grudge against some other people. You apparently here almost 10 years after still feel a need to tell the rest of the world of the issue and how you feel about it. However I am not sure you are doing yourself any favor by doing this!

As a bystander, not knowing you as a person, I think it is sad to witness (looking past the entertainment value of it...). No matter the truth of the issue, you come across as a very bitter person, and somewhat sensitive or even paranoid with regard to whatever collaboration/competition you are part of. This sensitivity may even be self-strengthening, as people may tend to hold you in an arms length if you are often confronting about feeling being treated unfairly. This can escalate to the point, where few wants to work together with a person having this trait.

I may be completely out of my way, but I think you should consider letting old grudges be and work on growing a thicker skin. In a normal work environment you will meet both perfect collaboration and active competition. Sometimes things will works against you and you will even meet the occasional psychopath. You don't have to suck it all up, but deal with it in the moment and learn who you can trust and who to keep in arms length. But don't hold a long grudge and keep on whining about it. That will not bring anything positive for you.

I sincerely hope, you can move on, get a more positive and friendly mindset and write new groundbreaking code for someone to try to compete with :-)

Cheers

Comment

Always brings this to mind:

Comment

Well, I succumbed to curiosity and read it all. I don't think there's really much there.

Basically it boils down to:
        1. Bridgman called the Suse guys and started bugging them to use AtomBIOS.
        2. They said no, and complained a bunch about it.
        3. Bridgman started working more closely with RedHat instead.

Well, duh, of course he did, because they were going the direction he wanted to go in while you guys were fighting him every step of the way. That's just human nature.

Comment

The technical issue of whether AtomBIOS was a good thing or not is kind of hard to figure out. Why ATI felt the need to create a new driver and not invite the existing RadeonHD devs to join the new effort isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Well, I succumbed to curiosity and read it all. I don't think there's really much there.

Basically it boils down to:
            1. Bridgman called the Suse guys and started bugging them to use AtomBIOS.
            2. They said no, and complained a bunch about it.
            3. Bridgman started working more closely with RedHat instead.

Well, duh, of course he did, because they were going the direction he wanted to go in while you guys were fighting him every step of the way. That's just human nature.
            1. Needs correction.

If Bridgman was clear with his intention to use AtomBIOS from the beginning, then the only open source developers would possibly work with him would be those he hired with money. AtomBIOS = Sabotage to anything else, it's a simple equation and i don't understand why e-mails needed to prove this.
            Last edited by artivision; 13 February 2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              Some people have strong memory and their POV of course, so it does not matter if something happened yesterday or 10 years ago . I guess lucky one are capable to forget what happened even today...
              The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
              -Thomas Szasz

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

1. Needs correction.

If Bridgman was clear with his intention to use AtomBIOS from the beginning, then the only open source developers would possibly work with him would be those he hired with money. AtomBIOS = Sabotage to anything else, it's a simple equation and i don't understand why e-mails needed to prove this.
                Huh, he didn't pay any money to Red Hat or me.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Huh, he didn't pay any money to Red Hat or me.

Dave.
                  He meant cookies.

Comment

bridgman Just ignore it, really nothing you say will ever make Luc change his mind or see any other viewpoint. He has his conspiracy theory and it's easier for him to accept that than any alternative.

I just wish we'd been has organised as he dreams, I'd have loved if there was some shadowy Red Hat management mandate in league with people in AMD, instead of me just doing what I thought was the best thing and Alex agreeing.

It's been 10 years, build a bridge, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by alexThunder View Post

He meant cookies.
                      There was cookies? I didn't even get cookies :-(. Now I want cookies. bridgman please send cookies and CIK hardware.

Comment

Working...
                      X