Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 13.0 vs. 17.0 Performance For RADV/RadeonSI: Big Gains For Vulkan, OpenGL Boosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mibo
    replied
    I know that this shader compilation waiting is not nice, but the 64fps with the rx480 would be enough for me to switch to higher settings.
    I you want to bench only one setting, please use a higher one next time. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post
    Why was Deus Ex only benchmarked in low?
    Because it already struggles enough on low that pushing it higher won't add much value but just take longer to test.

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Why was Deus Ex only benchmarked in low?

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
    Michael why you test Talos only at 4k? The FPS is so low, please consider including 1080p test next time/
    Because Talos sucks and it always uses the highest resolution of the monitor.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Aren't you just saying "in the late stages of a kernel release cycle only a few patches are allowed in so they all queue up for the next release" ?

Leave a comment:

• SaucyJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Xonotic is likely within error, but all three games easily hit >120 fps regardless.
    Yeah, but it should really be 120fps minimum ideally rather than average.

Leave a comment:

• oooverclocker
    replied
    Well actually playing with 17.1 developer version these bars are not very surprising to me because that's the version that seems to wipe away most complaints magically. But it's still very impressive how it has improved when you see the actual numbers

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
    Xonotic is likely within error, but all three games easily hit >120 fps regardless.
    It is not within error, i could take +- 3% as an possible error, but this one shows -7% for RX 460. and that one does not do >120 fps but from 102 fps goes to 95 fps as you can see
    Last edited by dungeon; 09 February 2017, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Warning, it is a Russian roulette to use stock kernels with amdgpu driver. See the diff column for amdgpu driver in kernel.org and compare to this:

In the stock kernels are very little new amdgou driver code.

Latest polaris firmware, does not work with stock kernels.
    https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5...ucode/polaris/
    I don't understand, what are you trying to say regarding the diff numbers? Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah Openarena if we ignore Tesseract and Xonotic a bit here and there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X