Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 13.0 vs. 17.0 Performance For RADV/RadeonSI: Big Gains For Vulkan, OpenGL Boosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMDGPU ist the lowest driver level that's in the kernel and RadeonSI is mainly a bunch of OpenGL and Vulkan libraries above it.

Edit: BTW I can confirm these numbers with this resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post

Is that RadeonSI and not AMDGPU? If RadeonSI then that is fantastic!
      I assume you were referring to AMDGPU-PRO. There is no amdgpu OpenGL driver. I'm only bringing this up because it confuses lots of people here with the kernel module of the same name.
      Last edited by smitty3268; 02-09-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
        Michael why you test Talos only at 4k? The FPS is so low, please consider including 1080p test next time/
        And Counter Strike too, performance at 4k was already good for this game when compared with amdgpu-pro, but the performance at 1080p lags behind the closed source drivers, so it would be nice to know if there was some improvement there.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          On the other hand, people should be optimistic and ignore these couple regressions i guess, no?
          yes, people should ignore regressions when resulted fps is higher than monitor refresh rate anyway

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            Latest polaris firmware, does not work with stock kernels.
            distro kernel packages bundle correct firmware

Comment

1. https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...v4.10-rc6&dt=2

- In a week, only one patch and four lines of new code.
              lol, do you understand -rc7 is in bugfix-only mode while -wip is in heavy development mode?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                Because Talos sucks and it always uses the highest resolution of the monitor.
                actually it has parameter "rendering resolution" and just scales results to your monitor. but you can run x server in any resolution you like and trick talos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Because it already struggles enough on low that pushing it higher won't add much value but just take longer to test.
                  well, it looks like dxmd is cpubound on fury on low on mesa17, so higher quality setting could surprise you

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                    I you want to bench only one setting, please use a higher one next time. Thank you.
                    actually benchmarks with different settings of same demanding game are very valuable: they show how performance could be improved by changing settings

Comment

Or hire me to customer support.
                      lol. i am amd customer and i would like to see you doing nvidia customer support

Comment

Working...
                      X