Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 13.0 vs. 17.0 Performance For RADV/RadeonSI: Big Gains For Vulkan, OpenGL Boosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    Because Talos sucks and it always uses the highest resolution of the monitor.
    actually it has parameter "rendering resolution" and just scales results to your monitor. but you can run x server in any resolution you like and trick talos

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    1. https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...v4.10-rc6&dt=2

- In a week, only one patch and four lines of new code.
    lol, do you understand -rc7 is in bugfix-only mode while -wip is in heavy development mode?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Latest polaris firmware, does not work with stock kernels.
    distro kernel packages bundle correct firmware

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    On the other hand, people should be optimistic and ignore these couple regressions i guess, no?
    yes, people should ignore regressions when resulted fps is higher than monitor refresh rate anyway

Leave a comment:

• Max Payne
    replied
    Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
    Michael why you test Talos only at 4k? The FPS is so low, please consider including 1080p test next time/
    And Counter Strike too, performance at 4k was already good for this game when compared with amdgpu-pro, but the performance at 1080p lags behind the closed source drivers, so it would be nice to know if there was some improvement there.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Drago View Post

Is that RadeonSI and not AMDGPU? If RadeonSI then that is fantastic!
    I assume you were referring to AMDGPU-PRO. There is no amdgpu OpenGL driver. I'm only bringing this up because it confuses lots of people here with the kernel module of the same name.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 09 February 2017, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oooverclocker
    replied
    AMDGPU ist the lowest driver level that's in the kernel and RadeonSI is mainly a bunch of OpenGL and Vulkan libraries above it.

Edit: BTW I can confirm these numbers with this resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Drago
    replied
    Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
    I have DE :MD and a RX480; I hit 31fps at 1440p on Very high. Windows does 36 with the very same settings.
    Is that RadeonSI and not AMDGPU? If RadeonSI then that is fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
    I have DE :MD and a RX480; I hit 31fps at 1440p on Very high. Windows does 36 with the very same settings.
    Thanks, that sounds promising.

Leave a comment:

• mitch074
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X