No announcement yet.

DiRT Rally On Linux To Support Mesa 13's RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like someone is trolling so people continue the pointless discussion.

Just go to the definition of the sources of what is what individually and go from there. There is no need to correct others if the definition is used as a source or am I being stupid now?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

What git repository, lucifer666 ?

Just download driver from amd site and see how dri module is named there It is called amdgpu.

So AMD GCN users use radeonsi or amdgpu for 3D rendering
      If you're talking about the kernel level DRM (a part of the DRI), yes that is a part of the kernel, which would be called either amgpu or radeon, but not radeonsi. Radeonsi would contain some of the userlevel DRI.

Comment

Just download driver from amd site and see how dri module is named there It is called amdgpu.

So AMD GCN users use radeonsi or amdgpu for 3D rendering
        He's actually right I think:

amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri] ls
        amdgpu_dri.so

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
          He's talking about the proprietary 3D driver I believe, so there would be no git to back it up.
          does it mean than userspace blob is officially called amdgpu? where is it specified? even in that case this name can't be used without scoping due to conflict with kernel driver name. so you have to call it "amdgpu userspace"

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
            I feel like someone is trolling so people continue the pointless discussion.
            My point is just reality, not trolling. But some seems does not want to accept reality and how things are really named.

So average user is all correct when he say that he use radeonsi or amdgpu

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              does it mean than userspace blob is officially called amdgpu? where is it specified?
              I don't know about official, but from dungeon's point it's the filename after all.

Comment

Just download driver from amd site and see how dri module is named there
                you were talking about average joes, who can't to that. and that way we can only see file name, not name of amd userlevel driver. you have to show amd calling it amdgpu, otherwise this name is your own invention

Comment

you were talking about average joes, who can't to that. and that way we can only see file name, not name of amd userlevel driver. you have to show amd calling it amdgpu, otherwise this name is your own invention
                  I think at this point you're reaching a bit. Just accept that we were wrong and he's right.

I do feel bad about many times correcting people about this now..

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    I think at this point you're reaching a bit. Just accept that we were wrong and he's right.
                    sure as soon as i will see some evidence

Comment

sure as soon as i will see some evidence
                      Here is an evidence - Lucifer does not exist, just people who can't accept reality
                      Last edited by dungeon; 06 February 2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X