No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 16.60 Vulkan vs. Mesa 17.1-dev RADV Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have HD7770. Tested with Luxmark and simple 'hello world' OpenCL app. BTW my card is identified as 'Pitcairn' as well.

Comment

Thanks both of you.

Just checking, difron are you saying that you saw the OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY error with both Luxmark and the simple 'hello world' app ?
      Test signature

Comment

Correct. CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY when calling clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties.Luxmark could call clCreateCommandQueue which is not supported though.
        Last edited by difron; 31 January 2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm back on Linux, rendering with the CPU for now.

difron, if you're able to render with the GPU somehow, would you send me a PM?

bridgman Where is the best place to report this bug for AMDGPU-PRO?

Comment

Sure!

Comment

Well, I've tried out 4.10rc6 kernel. Now vulkan from amdgpu-pro is working. No luck with opencl though. Except my card is identified properly now.

Comment

What I'd like to see is radeonsi vs. amdgpu-pro vs. Crimson (Windows), and likewise nouveau vs. Linux blob vs Windows nV drivers, and i965 vs. official Windows drivers. Force OGL/Vulkan on Windows to compare apples to apples here.

I'm pretty sure I know how they'd play out (except Intel -- I've always had a suspicion that Mesa is actually outpacing Intel's driver team, but I'm not sure), but tracking them over time as Linux drivers mature should be very interesting indeed.

Comment

difron Any progress? I tried the -PRO OpenCL with amdgpu here on Arch, they don't even detect my GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                    difron Any progress? I tried the -PRO OpenCL with amdgpu here on Arch, they don't even detect my GPU.
                    I think 4.10 kernel is needed for correct gpu recognition. Unlikely it will help with opencl. Didn't try it since last post.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      I also very intrerested in getting opencl working on 7770. Would someone succeed, please give details here!

Comment

Working...
                      X