No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 16.60 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still completely useless for Debian who has punted on OpenCL.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Try Ubi 16.04 with 4.8 kernel from proposed repo... at least i expect that to work now
      AFAIK this is the last "bug fix" release before picking up support for higher kernel versions. Next release should pick up support for 16.04.2 LTS.

Regarding SI, the release notes have been updated to include additional GCN 1.0 parts:

Looks like Cape Verde & Pitcairn but not Tahiti yet.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Regarding SI, the release notes have been updated to include additional GCN 1.0 parts:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-Notes.aspx

Reading around... what about this "Download a tool called freesync_prop (link to freesync_prop)" when there is no link to it? And why link? Shouldn't that tool be included in some package or something It might not as i dunno what is it since link is not there

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...-IN-LINUX.aspx

Also hardware supported there like "M270X Graphics" does that realy support FreeSync?
        Last edited by dungeon; 27 January 2017, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

AFAIK this is the last "bug fix" release before picking up support for higher kernel versions. Next release should pick up support for 16.04.2 LTS.

So Tahiti coming soon? (Including support for Vulkan?)

Comment

I would call that a mess
            It's really not too much different than the 14.04 system, except users won't be left unwittingly using EOL kernels or have to deal with confusing prompts.

I already imagined 18.04 with GA and first point 18.04.1 with forced HWE... what if i can't install from original for some reason, bug, new hardware
            Then don't use that LTS. If you're trying to use an LTS (whether Ubuntu, Debian stable or RHEL) on really recent hardware, and have the expectation that you won't need to use any backported packages, your expectations are unrealistic. It's much like if you expect Windows XP to work on that hardware... you're doing it wrong.

so i must pick first point instead but i don't want to be forced after, while default is forced?
            So you want to run an insecure, EOL version of the kernel? Good luck with that. Canonical's not going to assist you in being dumb.

problem is that they will always recommend newer point images for new installation normally..
            It remains to be seen exactly what they're going to do with the download page when newer point releases come.

Comment

Reading around... what about this "Download a tool called freesync_prop (link to freesync_prop)" when there is no link to it? And why link? Shouldn't that tool be included in some package or something It might not as i dunno what is it since link is not there

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...-IN-LINUX.aspx

Also hardware supported there like "M270X Graphics" does that realy support FreeSync?
              FFS, ease up on the smilies.

Comment

Heh, I didn't talk about me really... I just pretended there to be average Joe, who knows nothing and dunno what iso to pick in future as these AMD blobs does not support every Ubi kernel/X combo

Logically he will pick something from default link which is always been latest point and that is something always forced, while for example this amdgpu-pro still seems does not support this, they can't even write proper documantation on their own site .

But yeah it remains to be seen what that will be and i predict nothing but the mess

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                FFS, ease up on the smilies.
                Why
                Last edited by dungeon; 27 January 2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  Still completely useless for Debian who has punted on OpenCL.
                  I (not a Debian developer) pointed out that the issues you're running into are upstream Mesa / LLVM / blender issues, not Debian specific, and that reporting them to Debian instead of upstream creates overhead for the Debian maintainers at best, and isn't very effective towards your goal of using OpenCL in blender. To go from there to "Debian has punted on OpenCL" is ... quite a leap.

Comment

AMD Radeon DevKit Final blob will be fine just before dropping, just wait
                    Last edited by dungeon; 27 January 2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

16.60 can not build kernel module on opensuse 42.2 (16.50 build without any problem)

Comment

Working...
                      X