Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Arceri To Tackle RadeonSI OpenGL Shader Caching

Phoronix: Timothy Arceri To Tackle RadeonSI OpenGL Shader Caching

Timothy Arceri of Collabora is close to finally merging the massive OpenGL on-disk shader cache. A majority of that work is for common Mesa but for the initial work it's just been wired into Intel's i965 Mesa driver. But, fortunately, this Collabora developer is planning to wire up the GLSL shader cache for benefiting the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's really awesome! Thank you Timothy Arceri! Where should we sent Cookies to? When it's working and patched to upstream Mesa I might buy Deus Ex in the next sale.

Comment

Great!
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Woohoo! Thanks Tim!

Comment

this can speed-up subsequent load times of games
          no, this can speed-up first load times of games on subsequent runs

Comment

so, did valve hire collabora to work on radeonsi ?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
              Marek has previously expressed some skepticism about the shader cache benefits for RadeonSI
              I wouldn't say this is true; Marek has expressed that there was bigger fish to fry than the disk shader cache at the time he made the comment. I'm not sure what he thinks of it now, but it seems like a good time to start it now in my opinion.

Tip of my hat to Timothy for lending his knowledge and experience with the cache to radeonsi

Comment

Will be testing this as soon as it lands in mesa-git. Cool.

Comment

I think that the real great news here is that someone new is willing and able to contribute to MESA.
                  All open source projects could use more hands, and MESA is not exactly the easiest project to get into, since the learning curve is a bit steep.

Comment

Yes, finally. 2017 is becoming a great year :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X