Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Radeon & AMDGPU Fixes Line-Up For Linux 4.10

Phoronix: More Radeon & AMDGPU Fixes Line-Up For Linux 4.10

Alex Deucher has sent in another batch of fixes for the Radeon and AMDGPU DRM drivers for the Linux 4.10 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonder when they will try to fix d300/d500/d700 gpus found in macpro 2013.

Nor radeonsi, neither amdgpu (and even amdgpupro) can find any display attached to system, going to virtual 1024*768 screen.

Comment

Are you running Boot Camp ? If not then IIRC the driver won't be able to find the VBIOS image.

What do the logs tell you ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post

Nor radeonsi, neither amdgpu (and even amdgpupro) can find any display attached to system, going to virtual 1024*768 screen.
        I'd say the talk about added support for more peculiar Southern Islands cards pretty much fits the bill for just that. AFAIK the D300/500/700 series are Southern Islands cards and they most definitely are pretty odd beasts with all of their Apple specific quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Are you running Boot Camp ? If not then IIRC the driver won't be able to find the VBIOS image.

I guess I have the same problem. I thought the problem was with my specific additional display.

Not running Boot Camp. How (and why) would I run Linux from Boot Camp?

Which logs? (Maybe netkas knows)

EDIT: I'm booting Fedora/Ubuntu from Refind. Perhaps that means I'm using Bootcamp without knowing it.
          Last edited by indepe; 20 January 2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
            I'd say the talk about added support for more peculiar Southern Islands cards pretty much fits the bill for just that. AFAIK the D300/500/700 series are Southern Islands cards and they most definitely are pretty odd beasts with all of their Apple specific quirks.
            Yes they are Tahiti cards. So far I don't know about any additional quirks that might be problematic for the driver. I'm not sure if I should just give up on that, and buy another PC, but I'd prefer to wait with that a few months, at least, so that I can get either the Vega or the 1080 Ti. Currently I can't run Vulkan, Wayland runs only if I boot from the USB install stick, and the second monitor isn't really usable. That's not something I want, so I am doing something else in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post

Run OS X Sierra on it.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                Do you mean this ?

commit 12a26bd342b5828b87e098291d17f9a188a0e7e6 Author: Alex Deucher <[email protected]> Date: Thu Jan 5 13:02:37 2017 -0500 drm/amdgpu: drop verde dpm quirks commit 7192c54a68013f6058b1bb505645fcd07015191c upstream. Port of radeon change to amdgpu. Acked-by: Edward O'Callaghan <[email protected]> Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <[email protected]> Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email protected]>
                commit 0c37b07002d5f619ec6d691bb6f6c2a2cab78d5b Author: Alex Deucher <[email protected]> Date: Thu Jan 5 12:39:01 2017 -0500 drm/radeon: drop verde dpm quirks commit 8a08403bcb39f5d0e733bcf59a8a74f16b538f6e upstream. fixes: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98897 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1651981 Acked-by: Edward O'Callaghan <[email protected]> Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <[email protected]> Cc: Adrian Fiergolski <[email protected]> Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email protected]>

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

no bootcamp. efi grub boots kernel.

driver find vbios just fine via vcft acpi table.

Will try to get log, not easy in this config

Comment

logs, subsys 0x012B - primary device, with output, 0x012A - secondary, no outputs (opencl only). hdmi port connected to display. radeon is not boot gpu (it's POSTed but no outputs on it durring boot efi boot, I connect hdmi to nmp when grub shows up, specific config to get these logs)
                    4.9.3, amdgpu - http://pastebin.com/7VM8Z1Bn
                    4.4, radeon - http://pastebin.com/ZYww8bx1
                    Last edited by netkas; 23 January 2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X