X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by netkas View Post
    Wonder when they will try to fix d300/d500/d700 gpus found in macpro 2013.

Nor radeonsi, neither amdgpu (and even amdgpupro) can find any display attached to system, going to virtual 1024*768 screen.
    Run OS X Sierra on it.

Leave a comment:

• indepe
    replied
    Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    I'd say the talk about added support for more peculiar Southern Islands cards pretty much fits the bill for just that. AFAIK the D300/500/700 series are Southern Islands cards and they most definitely are pretty odd beasts with all of their Apple specific quirks.
    Yes they are Tahiti cards. So far I don't know about any additional quirks that might be problematic for the driver. I'm not sure if I should just give up on that, and buy another PC, but I'd prefer to wait with that a few months, at least, so that I can get either the Vega or the 1080 Ti. Currently I can't run Vulkan, Wayland runs only if I boot from the USB install stick, and the second monitor isn't really usable. That's not something I want, so I am doing something else in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• indepe
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Are you running Boot Camp ? If not then IIRC the driver won't be able to find the VBIOS image.

What do the logs tell you ?
    I guess I have the same problem. I thought the problem was with my specific additional display.

Not running Boot Camp. How (and why) would I run Linux from Boot Camp?

Which logs? (Maybe netkas knows)

EDIT: I'm booting Fedora/Ubuntu from Refind. Perhaps that means I'm using Bootcamp without knowing it.
    Last edited by indepe; 20 January 2017, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    Originally posted by netkas View Post

Nor radeonsi, neither amdgpu (and even amdgpupro) can find any display attached to system, going to virtual 1024*768 screen.
    I'd say the talk about added support for more peculiar Southern Islands cards pretty much fits the bill for just that. AFAIK the D300/500/700 series are Southern Islands cards and they most definitely are pretty odd beasts with all of their Apple specific quirks.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Are you running Boot Camp ? If not then IIRC the driver won't be able to find the VBIOS image.

What do the logs tell you ?

Leave a comment:

• netkas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic More Radeon & AMDGPU Fixes Line-Up For Linux 4.10

More Radeon & AMDGPU Fixes Line-Up For Linux 4.10

Phoronix: More Radeon & AMDGPU Fixes Line-Up For Linux 4.10

Alex Deucher has sent in another batch of fixes for the Radeon and AMDGPU DRM drivers for the Linux 4.10 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X