AMD Has Been Working On An Open-Source GPU Debug Tool, To Be Released Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    If be "old ASICS" he meant those that will never be supported by amdgpu driver than it makes sense. It would be too much effort to make DAL/DC interact with the radeon driver as well.

On the other hand GCN 1.0 hardware that will be supported by amdgpu will probably be supported by DAL/DC as well in the future. I'm not affiliated with AMD nor have any inside info so it's just a guess, but it would just create more problems for them to have different paths inside amdgpu with both DAL/DC and the legacy code
    Well maybe you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
      If be "old ASICS" he meant those that will never be supported by amdgpu driver than it makes sense. It would be too much effort to make DAL/DC interact with the radeon driver as well.

On the other hand GCN 1.0 hardware that will be supported by amdgpu will probably be supported by DAL/DC as well in the future. I'm not affiliated with AMD nor have any inside info so it's just a guess, but it would just create more problems for them to have different paths inside amdgpu with both DAL/DC and the legacy code
      Well now there's that:

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

... or until we (or someone) port the audio code from radeon to amdgpu (for SI).

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

There are many interesting low cost hifi amplifiers in China, with or without spdif. I bought SMSL SA - 36A PRO and it is really good with my B&W speakers.
        I have to say, you never cease to amaze!

Comment

Working...
        X