Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Developer Posts New AMD GPU Debugging Tool, Part Of Improving Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope of s3tc by default for mesa this year as that also can be hit and miss, since that should expire this year it seems.

Who knows maybe people hitting or missing that or use something else and hit something unreleated... even with that TF2

Does Ubuntu install them s2tc? Yup, it seems. So it can be some bug there
    Last edited by dungeon; 12 January 2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      When i think of ATi/AMD i think of someone who needs help and not just one time - they need it constantly
      lol, nice try ;o

Comment

Next week there will be more complaining that Valve doesn't do enough for open source and Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          lol, nice try ;o
          They make GPUs and we write drivers, isn't that a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

Just to make absolutely sure: You did update the 32-bit binaries from Git, right?
            Well, I'm not sure, all I did is install the package from the mesa-git AUR, and one more repo I do not recall.

Comment

Originally posted by kamild1996 View Post
              Well, I'm not sure...
              If you are not sure, then it is likely that... can't say how it goes on arch since i use debian, but when you run 32bit binary corespodent 32bit drivers update is needed too and preferably that famous s3tc lib on both... near total duplicate packages are needed when you run this or/and that architecture binaries

Those are probably most common (non-)issues, people forgot 32bit to update also and forgot that we still don't have proper DirectX 6 standard enabled by default
              Last edited by dungeon; 12 January 2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I see now. So if there are any Arch (or Antergos, specifically) users, could someone guide me how to upgrade to the latest Mesa properly, incl. those 32bit drivers as well?

Comment

Very exciting news!
                  Go Valve!
                  Go AMD!
                  Go Linux!
                  Go Power Rangers! Wait... what?...

Comment

Originally posted by kamild1996 View Post
                    Well, I'm not sure, all I did is install the package from the mesa-git AUR, and one more repo I do not recall.
                    Just install lib32-mesa-git and you will be fine.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Xicronic View Post
                      I'm glad to see that AMD's push for open source is paying off! With all this support from the community, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD drivers caught up or surpassed NVIDIA by the year's end.
                      AMD did nothing here, Valve did the job for them.

Intel, considered as evil here, has on its side did the job themselves...

Comment

Working...
                      X