Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Developer Posts New AMD GPU Debugging Tool, Part Of Improving Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Even being on topic is a mess, Valve do something while that man worked at AMD for 5 years and just touched Valve... and soon after this we had response from AMD that they write their own debugger...

Basically, developers fighting who will write what and we obviosly need to see more of those fights... meanwhile Windows 10 got above 50% users on steam without fight
    You might want to read up on the difference between coincidence and causality
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      You might want to read up on the difference between coincidence and causality
      To me again there is no difference... same like that 3 year drop scenario you never had info about, but i always had it - with no difference between coincidence and causality

AMD drop drivers per scenario written here, where it is written on stone

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cle-fact-sheet

So, when someone asks me "how in the hell you know it is 3 years on average?" i just post them this link and mention to look at "End of mainstream support" and i was always right when drop can be expected
      Last edited by dungeon; 13 January 2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        To me again there is no difference...
        Pity... that will make communication difficult
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Pity... that will make communication difficult
          Any difficulties between radv and opensourcing vulkan? AFAIR as soon as you said we plan to opensource VK, community aka RH do radv instead

Certainly there is communication problem who will do what ... coincidence or causality reasons i don't really care, as effeect is the same so no difference, because while you fight it does not matter anymore

If you ask me, that is crazy... how things goes i even think we will sooner see that PlayStation 4 support in linux kernel than DAL
          Last edited by dungeon; 13 January 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Sometimes things just happen though. I don't think Dave got the idea of writing a Vulkan driver from reading Phoronix articles. He felt he didn't know enough about Vulkan internals and figured the best way to fix that was to write a driver.

A lot of our drivers (including the r300 and r600 gallium3d drivers) started that way.
            Last edited by bridgman; 13 January 2017, 11:32 AM.
            Test signature

Comment

Then it is clear why, in obsession driven development no one can manage priorities

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Here you have a DAL kernel to install with Gdebi with one click. DAL kernel for Asus A88XM-E motherboard, many intel cpu features are disabled and drivers match my hardware:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=22531852663144845492
                No, thanks... do you have bad whiskey maybe

Comment

I can see that DAL is in the Linux kernel, bad whiskey drinkers not.
                  That way we can also claim how Playstation 4 is also in linux kernel, but it isn't . You need to learn what means to be in a kernel... i tought you can drink some bad whiskey maybe that will finally and after 1.5K posts here help you to figure out that

We are talking about kernel.org and not what happens elsewhere.

If you don't see it there, we say it isn't there

Someone even invented term vanilla which is different than chocolate, but good and bad whiskey is the same slang
                  Last edited by dungeon; 14 January 2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

debianxfce
                    Nope, you are just a troll

Comment

You are troll, writing off topic very often like this time. Take a look of this: it is Linux kernel too

You can use it with Amlogic S915 devices.
                      Sorry, but linux kernel is on kernel.org and not elsewhere Development of it might happen elsewhere in an open or closed way, but to be in it - that must be on kernel org

Comment

Working...
                      X