Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

Yet.
    Because when there is, there's also the possibility that Kubuntu will cease to exist.
    And if Kubuntu ceases to exist, Mint KDE might cease as well, since it's directly based on it.
    LMFTFY

Yet.
    Because when there is, there's also the possibility that Ubuntu will cease to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

LMFTFY

Yet.
      Because when there is, there's also the possibility that Ubuntu will cease to exist.
      Nah.
      There's always fanboys.
      And people who actually like Unity, Mir and the likes...

Comment

I think there is no need to fear Ubuntu. Since Mir is a Canonical project like Upstart and alikes, it's surely going to fail before ever reaching the crowd, that's for sure. Ubuntu will go on to be the Debian Distribution made for rather pragmatic guys like me, with all patented and newer stuff available ready packaged in repositories or ppas.

Comment

This is AMD's problem with driver for Linux. In a scenario you have to use AMDGPU PRO because the performance is infinitely superior to the mesadev. Already in another scenario you have to use mesadev, because the performance is infinitely superior to AMDGPU PRO.

Comment

Michael I guess this is radeon + mesa (for open driver), it would be worth try amdgpu{-pro} kernel driver with mesa. This could give us whole picture of this r9-290 neverending story.

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
              Michael I guess this is radeon + mesa (for open driver), it would be worth try amdgpu{-pro} kernel driver with mesa. This could give us whole picture of this r9-290 neverending story.
              I have done it with AMDGPU+RadeonSI before and it works completely fine. Coincidentally, do have some fresh GCN 1.0/1.1 AMDGPU v. Radeon results coming up later today or tomorrow.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah, i remember that. Upcoming GCN1.0/1.1 stuff? I will be wait Thanks for all.

Comment

How were you able to install the latest driver? I am having dkms build errors

Comment

Originally posted by joker5bb View Post
                    How were you able to install the latest driver? I am having dkms build errors
                    Which distro and kernel are you using ?
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Which distro and kernel are you using ?
                      Ubuntu 6.10 kernel 4.10. I need OpenCL

Comment

Working...
                      X