Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa AMDGPU GNOME/GTK colour bug (Oibaf PPA, Ubuntu 16.10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa AMDGPU GNOME/GTK colour bug (Oibaf PPA, Ubuntu 16.10)

Hi guys,

Before I file a bug report, I was just wondering if any of you have seen this while using the Oibaf PPA during December 2016? It only happened this month. I'm seeing some GNOME/GTK apps rendering images and icons with wrong colours (see screenshots).

I've posted two screenshots to imgur to show the difference between the default graphics stack in Ubuntu 16.10 and the Oibaf PPA as of today (December 31, 2016). As can be seen, the controls in the GIMP toolbox all have incorrect colours, and the image view in the GNOME image viewer (Eye of Gnome, eog) is also incorrect. I've tried fiddling with colour profiles, but that doesn't seem to make a difference (and indeed, the colour profile app shows incorrect colours too). Looking at it, images shown in eye of gnome look like they're missing the red channel, meanwhile the icons in the GIMP toolbox all look like they've got red turned up to maximum. Shotwell image viewer is unaffected, for what it's worth.

Purging the Oibaf PPA, logging out then logging back in (not restarting) fixes it. And likewise, re-adding the Oibaf PPA and dist-upgrading, logging out/in then shows the same incorrect colours, so it's definitely something to do with the code there.

My graphics hardware is a Radeon 380X 4Gb.

Has anyone seen a bug report about this, or got any thoughts on it?
    Album with topic of No Topic, tagged with and ; uploaded by lem18. Incorrect colour rendering with GNOME/GTK apps, Ubuntu 16.10, Oibaf PPA, Radeon/AMDGPU
    Last edited by lem79; 30 December 2016, 07:34 PM.

I guess known, it is probably this bug:

Comment

Wonderful, thanks again for your help dungeon. Interestingly, while that bug talks about oversaturation of red in toolkits, in image views (like in my screenshot), the red becomes absent. Strange bug. Hoping that it gets fixed soon.

Comment

It is carelessness about releases there in llvm, they now (or should i say month ago) even managed to regress stable point

In master they can break whatever they want, but if that shit happens in stable also - i can only say Fuck That and Happy New Year
        Last edited by dungeon; 31 December 2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X