Fresh Arch Linux Benchmarks Of AMDGPU & AMDGPU-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    It isn't in the AUR, it's in the lcarlier repo called mesa-git: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ories#mesa-git
    I understand that I might not be able to get the latest version with the 4.10 kernel as you have shown in the article, but why couldn't I just install this:

Shouldn't that allow me to least get a recent (but not latest) version of amdgpu-pro for my 290 without the need of recompiling or configuring anything?
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 29 December 2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      I think you should do so
      Done, see issue 146

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I understand that I might not be able to get the latest version with the 4.10 kernel as you have shown in the article, but why couldn't I just install this:

Shouldn't that allow me to least get a recent (but not latest) version of amdgpu-pro for my 290 without the need of recompiling or configuring anything?
        It would have upstream IOCTLs rather than amdgpu-pro IOCTLs, wouldn't it ? So YMMV behaviour of the amdgpu-pro userspace drivers.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

First: this is from AUR so you will still have to actually compile it. Second, I really don't know how 4.9 behaves because I didn't test it (while amd-staging-4.7 behaves well for sure, you just need to enable CIK).
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X