Updated AMD DC (DAL) Patches For The Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    darkbasic & all, i would love to do more testing but i really want a pkgbuild & last time i cloned it took a bivt to download.

not only that but are there any instructions to compile it correctly - i read the arch wiki and dont want to manually configure the flags since i dont know enough on what to leave on/off
    Just use the same pkgbuild that was made for that kernel version and then change it to git.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      not only that but are there any instructions to compile it correctly - i read the arch wiki and dont want to manually configure the flags since i dont know enough on what to leave on/off
      I could push a PKGBUILD tomorrow, if you like, but it's really easy: just use the 'default' PKGBUILD, change the source to the agd5f's staging branch, and add DC to the config, additionally cik or si support, if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Yeah, I know, but I prefer to apply the patches if they have been forward ported to a newer kernel. Did they?
        you are asking whether amd is posting patches for branch they don't have. obviously not.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

I could push a PKGBUILD tomorrow, if you like, but it's really easy: just use the 'default' PKGBUILD, change the source to the agd5f's staging branch, and add DC to the config, additionally cik or si support, if you need it.
          There is also an already compiled kernel in lcarlier repo.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

We are in the process of moving our staging branches from 4.7 to 4.9 kernel, so everything will get forward ported when that happens.
            That would be great, but unfortunately I will have to hand back my RX 470 in a couple of days so I will keep testing with 4.7. Do you know if HDMI 2.0 is supposed to work with an old "HDMI 1" cable? Because I cannot manage to get my Samsung 4K TV at 60 Hz instead of 30...
            ## VGA ##

Comment

Good to see things shaping up. Can't wait to see the quality where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                That would be great, but unfortunately I will have to hand back my RX 470 in a couple of days so I will keep testing with 4.7. Do you know if HDMI 2.0 is supposed to work with an old "HDMI 1" cable? Because I cannot manage to get my Samsung 4K TV at 60 Hz instead of 30...
                My (limited) understanding is that the same cables can work but they must be "high speed" rather than "standard". I believe they will say something like "HDMI High Speed".

BTW are you also "darkbasic" on IRC ? If so I responded to your comment about mouse cursor there; basically there is a cursor fix that Linux pulled a day or so ago which IIRC worked for Amarildo and should hopefully work for you as well.
                Last edited by bridgman; 25 December 2016, 07:08 AM.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  BTW are you also "darkbasic" on IRC ? If so I responded to your comment about mouse cursor there; basically there is a cursor fix that Linux pulled a day or so ago which IIRC worked for Amarildo and should hopefully work for you as well.
                  Yes, I saw it and it worked. I tried to thank you for the hint but you were already disconnected.
                  ## VGA ##

Comment

Working...
                  X