Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 End-of-Year Open-Source Radeon Benchmarks With Linux 4.9, Mesa 13.1-dev On Many Different GPUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 End-of-Year Open-Source Radeon Benchmarks With Linux 4.9, Mesa 13.1-dev On Many Different GPUs

Phoronix: 2016 End-of-Year Open-Source Radeon Benchmarks With Linux 4.9, Mesa 13.1-dev On Many Different GPUs

With 2016 soon drawing to an end, it's time for all of my year-end recaps now of Linux drivers that I have been doing for the past 12 years. Today are benchmarks of a wide assortment of AMD graphics cards on both R600g and RadeonSI Gallium3D drivers when using Mesa 13.1-dev + LLVM 4.0 SVN and the Linux 4.9 kernel for providing a bleeding-edge look at the open-source AMD Linux graphics performance across hardware going from the Radeon HD 4890 series all the way up through the RX 480 and R9 Fury hardware. Here's a fun look at the OpenGL driver performance across this range of GPUs.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=23882

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by chrs View Post
    I am sad because CS:GO is missing
    Latest Git doesn't work for me with CSGO anymore.. Hangs with RadeonSI on "reading game data" while loading the game.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    There's something I'm surprised by, and that's the very poor performance of Talos Principle. I've been playing through that entire game on my R9 290, using both the radeon and the amdgpu + RadeonSI drivers, always with the FPS counter on. At least what I've seen, the performance is usually pretty stable at 60 FPS, and almost never noticeably below 30 FPS, so I don't understand how you can be seeing such low numbers on that. I've been running it at 1920x1200 and with High settings on almost everything.

Leave a comment:

• chrs
    replied
    I am sad because CS:GO is missing

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

what do you mean PCI only card? It's a PCI Express, what else would it be, AGP? I thought it was a great value to replace my 6670, it sure feels like a great value when I play Games compared to my 6670.
    He means it only takes PCI-E power. It doesn't require a 6-pin or 8-pin connector. Otherwise, it fits in 75 watts or less.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Frett
    replied
    Originally posted by hxfhjkl View Post
    Seems like rx 460 is just really bad value (gaming wise) on linux. I understand that it's a pci only card, but getting beat by r7 260x (which is not exactly a very power hungry card either and almost 4 years older) is pretty sad.
    what do you mean PCI only card? It's a PCI Express, what else would it be, AGP? I thought it was a great value to replace my 6670, it sure feels like a great value when I play Games compared to my 6670.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Hey, perhaps you could show some OpenCL tests with Blender and LuxRender. I'd love to see how you got it to work, what with LLVM 3.9.1 and libclc currently resulting in broken kernels for both. So much for Tom Stellar getting LLVM/OpenCL working correctly on the 3.9.1 rollout.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Because nobody's been pinging the developers to look at it.

It's unfortunately pretty common for initial submissions to be ignored if they're from a new contributor for old hardware and they don't repeatedly bother people about it.
    One would think this kind of thing is top priority and a release blocker. Especially it being 100% reproducible and a patch provided. Of course it isn't though... It is called stable while it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post

Interesting, this might just be the reason of many EON games, like Infinite hard-locking the GPU if sb is enabled. Any reason why this isn't actually in Mesa yet?
    Because nobody's been pinging the developers to look at it.

It's unfortunately pretty common for initial submissions to be ignored if they're from a new contributor for old hardware and they don't repeatedly bother people about it.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Anyone running the r600g driver should apply this patch: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/135975.html

If fixes a bunch of lockups in various games. Not sure if it would fix Michael's 4850/4870 problems or if that's something else.

Unfortunately nobody has reviewed/committed it to master, because everyone's busy looking at radeonsi now.
    Interesting, this might just be the reason of many EON games, like Infinite hard-locking the GPU if sb is enabled. Any reason why this isn't actually in Mesa yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X