Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 End-of-Year Open-Source Radeon Benchmarks With Linux 4.9, Mesa 13.1-dev On Many Different GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you please start giving us what settings were ran for each game please?

Comment

Originally posted by iBloodLust View Post
      can you please start giving us what settings were ran for each game please?
      You can find them all by looking at OpenBenchmarking.org or looking at the test profiles on your system via phoronix-test-suite.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Seems like rx 460 is just really bad value (gaming wise) on linux. I understand that it's a pci only card, but getting beat by r7 260x (which is not exactly a very power hungry card either and almost 4 years older) is pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          Anyone running the r600g driver should apply this patch: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/135975.html

If fixes a bunch of lockups in various games. Not sure if it would fix Michael's 4850/4870 problems or if that's something else.

Unfortunately nobody has reviewed/committed it to master, because everyone's busy looking at radeonsi now.
          Interesting, this might just be the reason of many EON games, like Infinite hard-locking the GPU if sb is enabled. Any reason why this isn't actually in Mesa yet?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Interesting, this might just be the reason of many EON games, like Infinite hard-locking the GPU if sb is enabled. Any reason why this isn't actually in Mesa yet?
            Because nobody's been pinging the developers to look at it.

It's unfortunately pretty common for initial submissions to be ignored if they're from a new contributor for old hardware and they don't repeatedly bother people about it.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Because nobody's been pinging the developers to look at it.

It's unfortunately pretty common for initial submissions to be ignored if they're from a new contributor for old hardware and they don't repeatedly bother people about it.
              One would think this kind of thing is top priority and a release blocker. Especially it being 100% reproducible and a patch provided. Of course it isn't though... It is called stable while it isn't.

Comment

Hey, perhaps you could show some OpenCL tests with Blender and LuxRender. I'd love to see how you got it to work, what with LLVM 3.9.1 and libclc currently resulting in broken kernels for both. So much for Tom Stellar getting LLVM/OpenCL working correctly on the 3.9.1 rollout.

Comment

Originally posted by hxfhjkl View Post
                  Seems like rx 460 is just really bad value (gaming wise) on linux. I understand that it's a pci only card, but getting beat by r7 260x (which is not exactly a very power hungry card either and almost 4 years older) is pretty sad.
                  what do you mean PCI only card? It's a PCI Express, what else would it be, AGP? I thought it was a great value to replace my 6670, it sure feels like a great value when I play Games compared to my 6670.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

what do you mean PCI only card? It's a PCI Express, what else would it be, AGP? I thought it was a great value to replace my 6670, it sure feels like a great value when I play Games compared to my 6670.
                    He means it only takes PCI-E power. It doesn't require a 6-pin or 8-pin connector. Otherwise, it fits in 75 watts or less.

Comment

I am sad because CS:GO is missing

Comment

Working...
                      X