AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 vs. RadeonSI Git: Tomb Raider, Shadow of Mordor & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    No thanks, I actually need for some applications to work properly.
    Then reincarate it again literally and use it... does not hurt anything?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Otherwise realise that both can't perform and work the same as they are not the same
      Another strawman. You're great at those. I want at least one to work across the board like the Nvidia driver. The fact the neither of them do at the moment is precisely why the current situation is a bad one, and the cause of people needing to switch.

Comment

Another strawman. You're great at those. I want at least one to work across the board like the Nvidia driver.
        You don't want at least one but one and only, so just kill one of the two and you will have one

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

You don't want at least one but one, so just kill one of the two and you will have one
          No, I want at least one to work across the board like the Nvidia driver.

Comment

No, I want at least one to work across the board like the Nvidia driver.
            So just clone it then, if you don't wanna do killings and reincarnations

Comment

No...

Comment

No...
                Sorry but you must clone it, if you wanna be nvidia like... or maybe if you have some other idea how all other drivers can be nvidia like without cloning nvidia driver?

So how we can clone that? Hm, first and utter first thing for us to do is to close any possible source code for about 20 years and say literaly everybody to fuck off from now on but in the same time also claiming how "No, we do not do fuck offs"

And so on... when you are are ready we can start cloning
                Last edited by dungeon; 16 December 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

You edited your post after I replied. It's not bad that they support both... It's bad because neither solution is at this point in a good enough state to satisfy the majority of normal or even advanced users needs like the Nvidia driver.
                  That's complete nonsense. Don't buy broken games, and then your problem is solved. In fact you can blame nvidia for the fact that so many games get released broken in the first place.

Comment

I guess I would need to roll my kernel back to 4.4 in order to install AMDGPU-PRO?
                    And did someone managed to run it under Arch/Antergos?

Comment

Anything up to 4.7 should work, although most of the testing has been on the distro versions we mention in the support list.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X