Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Is The AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Download Link

Phoronix: Here Is The AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Download Link

AMD ran into a snag getting out the updated proprietary hybrid Linux driver stack this morning, but it's now available for download from AMD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Padoka launched a new PPA with stable packages for Mesa. Currently 13.0.2 and LLVM 3.9:

Mesa Graphics Stable Padoka Repo This is the stable MESA and LLVM (currently at mesa 19.0.x and LLVM 8.x). The MESA packages also include RADV and ANV (AMD and INTEL vulkan implementations). If you want/need the bleeding edge (with emphasis on the bleeding), go to https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/mesa/ I don't have the time to support multiple ubuntu versions, so i only provide support for the LTS and the latest. Supported Ubuntu versions: - 18.04 (Bionic) - 19.0...

Comment

Great to test, but will never be in Debian and I'm still waiting for LLVM to crap and get off the pot to pull the trigger on LLVM 3.9.1 which includes the POLARIS GPGPU family strings necessary then for Debian to rebuild Mesa 13.x so I can actually have OpenCL effing work!

Comment

Versions differ for R/U and S... so what to download? Every CC == crappy crap they throw in there
        Last edited by dungeon; 08 December 2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Now if they could only release a high end videocard........................................

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Versions differ for R/U and S... so what to download? Every CC == crappy crap they throw in there
            Download the SLED package for SLED. There's no mystery here, it contains some late packaging fixes necessary for SLED.

Comment

It is not a mystery just confusion, as i think if *only* packaging for some distro was an issue, that does not really deserve different version number

But i download both anyway just to compare and it is not just that, they differ in whole

Funniest thing i can imagine are those other distros who wanna repackage some of these, there would be confusion plus what to pick
              Last edited by dungeon; 08 December 2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Anyone tried this with the R9 270X (PITCAIRN)?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Amdgpu-pro is easy to install to Debian, use amdgpu-pro compatible kernel and edit the installer script (replace ubuntu with debian).
                  You mean that's all there is to it? A 4.7-staging Kernel and replace "ubuntu" with "debian" in the install script?

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                    You mean that's all there is to it? A 4.7-staging Kernel and replace "ubuntu" with "debian" in the install script?
                    Ubuntu = debian

Comment

Working...
                    X