Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Hmm, good question - will try to find out.

Leave a comment:

• mokurai82
    replied
    Does anybody know how to enable AMD Freesync on Ubuntu based distros after installing amdgpu-pro 16.50? I Installed it but my games did not make use of Freesync automatically. Do I need to edit some file? I have an R9 Fury and a Freesync monitor of course. I can't seem to find anything related on google or youtube.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
    I asked you, in another thread, what "libdrm" is dealing with SI cards, but you probably didn't see that.
    Is it "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-radeon1", "libdrm2-amdgpu-pro", or "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-amdgpu1"? I tried setting up this trick using the new driver, but it didn't work. I would love if you are technical enough to explain how this procedure would go nowadays.
    I saw it, I just didn't know the answer

Will try to find out when I'm back in the office.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Unapproved 3 times in a row. This is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

AFAIK OpenCL should be working now. There are still some resource reporting stupids left over from the fglrx->amdgpu transition but I think the actual runtime is working. Did you try it and find problems ?

Or do you mean "working with the upstream kernel driver" ?
    I ran blender-git and it's reporting "OpenCL error (-6): CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY"
    The same with blender 2.76, and I know this version works on Windows and whatever Crimson version you throw at it.
    The funny thing is that Blender is detecting the OpenCL device as "Hainan" which is not correct, it's always been "Pitcairn".

I asked you, in another thread, what "libdrm" is dealing with SI cards, but you probably didn't see that.
    Is it "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-radeon1", "libdrm2-amdgpu-pro", or "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-amdgpu1"? I tried setting up this trickĀ¹ using the new driver, but it didn't work. I would love if you are technical enough to explain how this procedure would go nowadays.

1 - http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=2960

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    AFAIK OpenCL should be working now. There are still some resource reporting stupids left over from the fglrx->amdgpu transition but I think the actual runtime is working. Did you try it and find problems ?

The same with blender 2.76, and I know this version works on Windows and whatever Crimson version you throw at it.
    The funny thing is that Blender is detecting the OpenCL device as "Hainan" which is not correct, it's always been "Pitcairn".

Is it "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-radeon1", "libdrm2-amdgpu-pro", or "libdrm-amdgpu-pro-amdgpu1"? I tried setting up this trick using the new driver, but it didn't work. I would love if you are technical enough to explain how this procedure would go nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Unapproved. Hold on.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
    Thanks for supporting my card on AMDGPU-PRO, AMD, but I'll stick to mesa and wait until OpenCL support for the -pro stack is working so I can hack it and use it without the entire stack.

Leave a comment:

• Amarildo
    replied
    Hah, X-Plane on AMDGPU-PRO suffers from the same "not so good OGL" as ancient Catalyst, both get down on their knees if I enable clouds.
    High Quality render settings but no clouds on proprietary drivers: Almost the same performance as with mesa, ~30 FPS. With clouds = 10 FPS.
    High Quality render settings but no clouds on mesa drivers: ~30-35 FPS. With clouds = 23-32 FPS

BTW, cloud puffs at 25%. Clouds set to "Broken" and visibility set to 50 sm.
    And all this on KSEA, one of the most performance impacting airports.

I though proprietary OGL would catch up with Mesa in this 12 months since fglrx was discontinued.

Thanks for supporting my card on AMDGPU-PRO, AMD, but I'll stick to mesa and wait until OpenCL support for the -pro stack is working so I can hack it and use it without the entire stack.
    Last edited by Amarildo; 10 December 2016, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X